Governance is a cornerstone of ACM SIGGRAPH’s mission to nurture, champion and connect researchers and practitioners of computer graphics and interactive techniques. The organization is managed by an Executive Committee with nine elected directors and two appointed members. Each year, the directors select officers, chair, chair-elect, treasurer and treasurer-elect.
Members of the Executive Committee are primarily responsible for oversight and strategic planning for ACM SIGGRAPH. They also serve as liaisons to the organization’s standing committees, lead strategy teams and conference advisory groups.
ACM SIGGRAPH’s executive committee is responsible for the following:
- Set the strategic direction for the organization to best support the community of researchers, practitioners, and artists working in computer and graphics and interactive techniques
- Promote technical and creative excellence, through taking an active role in the community as individuals
- Adhere to the cultural expectations of the organization
- Supervise the operational activities of the organization which include:
- Providing benefits for ACM SIGGRAPH members within the scope and financial resources of the organization
- Providing high-quality resources and programs (conferences, newsletters, etc.) within the scope of ACM SIGGRAPH’s mission statement
- Promoting communication and interaction both within ACM SIGGRAPH and between ACM SIGGRAPH and the broader community
- Overseeing conferences, symposia and workshops, both for quality and fiscal soundness
- Promoting and publicizing ACM SIGGRAPH achievements
Nominations for the ACM SIGGRAPH executive committee may be submitted in July of the year prior to the beginning of the position term. To submit a nomination, contact the ACM SIGGRAPH Nominations Committee Chair.
Voting Members of the Executive Committee
Ex-Officio and Other Non-Voting Members of the Executive Committee
John F. Hughes
Rebecca Ruige Xu
Juan Miguel de Joya
Stephen N. Spencer
Marisa (Ginger) Tontaveetong
Award Committee Chairs
Advisory Group Chairs
Community Group Chairs
ACM SIGGRAPH’s executive committee consists of nine elected directors and two appointed members. The elected directors are elected by the ACM SIGGRAPH membership and serve three year terms. The officers, chair, chair-elect, treasurer, and treasurer-elect, are selected each year from the directors. All directors are required to be members of ACM and ACM SIGGRAPH.
Elections are conducted annually to fill open positions. This process is led by the chair of the nominations committee. Nominations for the ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee may be submitted in July of the year prior to the beginning of the position term. To submit a nomination, contact the ACM SIGGRAPH Nominations Committee Chair.