ACM SIGGRAPH is a nonprofit international membership organization made up of thousands of people who share a passion for computer graphics and interactive techniques. ACM SIGGRAPH members are involved in a wide variety of fields, including computer graphics research, software development, digital art, scientific visualization, interactive technology, game design, visual effects, computer science, education, engineering, graphic design, film and television production, scientific research and more.
The name ACM SIGGRAPH is an acronym that stands for: Association of Computing Machinery‘s Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques.
What is the difference between ACM SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH?
ACM SIGGRAPH is the organization; SIGGRAPH is the annual conference put on by the organization.
What is the SIGGRAPH conference?
SIGGRAPH is the world’s largest conference on computer graphics. It takes place once a year in a city somewhere in the U.S. or Canada, and is attended by tens of thousands of computer graphics professionals. SIGGRAPH is one of the most highly respected venues for the presentation of new computer graphics technology and research.
Since 2008, ACM SIGGRAPH has also convened an annual conference in Asia, called SIGGRAPH Asia, which is attended by thousands of computer graphics professionals from all over the world.
What are the benefits of joining ACM SIGGRAPH?
- Demonstrate your professional commitment to computer graphics
- Unlock opportunities to network with leaders in the field
- Claim an @siggraph.org email alias
- Access weekly email notifications of computer graphics job openings all over the world
- Stay informed of the latest ACM SIGGRAPH and industry news and events via the monthly member newsletter
- Registration discounts for all conferences, workshops and symposia that are in-cooperation, co-sponsored, or sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH
- Discounted Eurographics (European Association for Computer Graphics) membership
- Discounts on ACM SIGGRAPH publications and videos
- Substantial discounts on industry products from SIGGRAPH exhibitors during and after each SIGGRAPH conference
Research and Learning
- Full access to the ACM SIGGRAPH portion of the Digital Library, which contains the latest computer graphics research and supplemental media
- Computer Graphics education website for CG educators
- Discounted registration for SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia, the two largest computer graphics conferences in the world
- Full access to the SIGGRAPH Video Review, which documents the annual SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival, providing an unequaled opportunity to study state-of-the-art computer graphics techniques, theory, and applications
Power to Shape and Lead ACM SIGGRAPH
- Members have voting right for the annual ACM SIGGRAPH elections
- All ACM SIGGRAPH members are eligible to run for leadership positions in the organization
- All ACM SIGGRAPH members are eligible to apply for conference leadership positions
How much does membership cost?
- Student Membership: $19 per year
- Professional Membership: $45 per year
- Discounted Professional Membership for Eurographics Members: $40 per year
- Pioneer Membership (exclusively for those with 20+ years of experience in computer graphics): $50 per year
How does ACM SIGGRAPH give back to the community?
- Sponsorship or in-cooperation support of focused symposia, conferences and workshops on topics related to computer graphics and interactive techniques.
- Support for students through the Student Volunteer program, Student Chapters and Student Services program
- Support for ACM-W (ACM’s Women in Computing) scholarship recipients attending SIGGRAPH conference, including mentorship and complimentary registration
- Professional and student chapters in 60 cities and 16 countries that host year-round activities highlighting computer graphics and interactive techniques
- ACM SIGGRAPH Education Index, a comprehensive online interactive database of academic programs that offer computer graphics, digital arts, interactive media and games curricula
- Highly-respected computer graphics awards program
- Vibrant social networking community through LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Vimeo, Flickr, Reddit and YouTube
- International calendar of Computer Graphics events
- An international Digital Arts Collaborative that fosters the evolution of a strong digital arts community and promotes dialogue among visual artists, scientists, interaction designers, and more
- Online digital art exhibitions curated by the ACM SIGGRAPH Digital Arts Committee
- Open access to the past year’s conference content from SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH Asia and ACM SIGGRAPH-sponsored small conferences
- Computer Graphics Bibliography Database: Web-based database of bibliographic entries from the fields of Computer Graphics, Computer Vision and Interactive Techniques.
- CG Roundup: Links to useful content related to Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques.
- Access to computer graphics industry news coverage on the ACM SIGGRAPH website
How else can I get involved in ACM SIGGRAPH?
- Volunteer. ACM SIGGRAPH is run by volunteers, and there are more than a dozen different committees — with vastly different areas of focus — that help run the organization and conference.
- In addition to joining ACM SIGGRAPH, you also have the option to join a local professional or student chapter of ACM SIGGRAPH. Currently, there are ACM SIGGRAPH chapters in 60 cities across the world. These chapters hold meetings and host events for computer graphics enthusiasts in the region. Some of the chapters charge a membership fee (which is separate from ACM SIGGRAPH membership), but other chapters may be free to join.
- Attend SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH Asia or one of our small conferences — see what we’re all about.
Does ACM SIGGRAPH offer any support for international members?
The ACM SIGGRAPH International Resources Committee connects the global ACM SIGGRAPH community, and provides useful services for our international members.