The SIGGRAPH Mobile App Game (SMAG) is a high-tech scavenger hunt — and possibly the most fun you'll ever have at SIGGRAPH. Here's how it works:
2. Earn points! SMAG has 127 (and counting) achievements to complete, so you'll never run out of things to do. You can chase a mad scientist, carry secrets passwords, catch a golden snitch, and even find a wandering Guardian of the Galaxy on the conference floor. Some of the top ways to gain points:
- Participate in the International Center's NoirMaker: Escape from Vancouver
- Play SIGGRAPH Caching, a clue-based treasure hunt on the conference floor
- Explore with RealTimeLive's AR App and searching for RTL's Behind-the-Scenes content
- Scann QR markers wherever you see them in the conference center
- Locate the Chair of SIGGRAPH 2014 and other key members of conference leadership for achievements
- Visit SMAG waypoints in the App Squad Booth and the Posters Venue before 10:00 a.m. each day for bonus points
- Play trivia lightning rounds at the App Squad Booth SMAG waypoint for bonus points
- Visit a waypoint to receive points for each SIGGRAPH ribbon you have
- Simply enjoy the conference: almost every special event, venue, and activity at the conference has an achievement
- Use the mobile app: each time you add a friend or exhibitor as a contact, or change your schedule, you will receive points towards your total leaderboard score.
- And more! You can even earn points just by registering or buying a cup of coffee, so keep your eyes open for opportunities!
Visit the SIGGRAPH Mobile App Game website for full details on all the possible ways to earn points. Please play fair! SIGGRAPH reserves the right to remove points that were obtained in a fraudulent manner.
3. Check the leaderboard in the SIGGRAPH 2014 Conference app to see how many points you have, and how you compare to the competition. The leaderboard updates approximately every 15-20 minutes.
4. Win prizes! Registered attendees are eligible to win any of the prizes. There are two types of prizes that can be won: raffle prizes and grand prizes.
- Raffle winners will be selected from the top 50% of the participants in the game; winner will be announced throughout the duration of the conference.
- Grand prize winners will be announced on Thursday, August 14 at 1:00 p.m. Prizes may be shipped to winning contestants, so you do not need to be present to win.
- Houdini for Independent Games and Animation
- Houdini grab bags
- RenderMan teapots
- Pixar grab bags
- Walt Disney Animation Studios secret grab bags
- SIGGRAPH Encore conference content
- Mysterious grab bag from Laika
- Full Conference registration to SIGGRAPH 2015
- SIGGRAPH 2014 t-shirts
- SIGGRAPH 2014 mugs
- SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival USB
- Copy of the SIGGRAPH Video Review
- and more…
Will you be one of this year's big winners? Get a headstart and scan the QR marker below for a bonus achievement (only available until Monday August 11 at 12:00 p.m. Bookmark the SMAG website for complete details on all available achievements and prizes!