This year we were pleased to announce the SIGGRAPH Academy at SIGGRAPH 2018 in Vancouver. The initial class of inductees was drawn from previous award winners. However, moving forward, our goal is to induct a broader range of individuals who have made substantial contributions to our field. To accomplish this, we need nominations for the Academy from across all of computer graphics.
Here is the information you need to make a nomination:
Nominations for the ACM SIGGRAPH Academy may be submitted by contacting the SIGGRAPH Academy Award Chair before 31 January each year.
- The criteria for election to the ACM SIGGRAPH Academy are
- Cumulative contributions to the field of computer graphics and interactive techniques
- Impact on the field through development of new research directions and/or innovations
- Influence on the work of others
- Reasonably active participant in the ACM SIGGRAPH community
- All accomplished members of the ACM SIGGRAPH community will be eligible to be nominated including researchers, practitioners, technologists, artists, designers, and educators.
Nominations will require:
- A brief summary (in English, maximum one page) explaining how the nominee meets the criteria
- Supporting letters of exactly three endorsers. Endorsers should themselves have achieved distinction in the field. Endorsers will need to have personal knowledge of the candidate’s work. Endorsers will provide a brief endorsement statement giving their personal assessment of the candidate’s impact on the field.
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
ACM SIGGRAPH Academy Committee
- Holly Rushmeier, Chair
- John Fujii
- Cynthia Beth Rubin
- Hugues Hoppe
- Nelson Max
- Hans-Peter Seidel
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
— Holly Rushmeier