The ACM SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award is given out once a year to an artist who has created a substantial body of work that significantly advances the field of digital art. ACM SIGGRAPH members are warmly invited to nominate individuals for the 2015 Distinguished Artist Award by contacting the ACM SIGGRAPH Artist Award Chair. Nominations are due by December 15, 2014.
Criteria for the Distinguished Artist Award:
- The artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts for more than 20 years.
- The artist has produced important work(s) referenced in digital art history/theory papers/books.
- The artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital art/media art.
- The artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in creative expression.
- The artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or practice of digital art through writing and presentations at conferences and symposia.
Nominations should include as much information about the nominee as possible, specifically:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
- References to websites with the artist's works and texts when applicable (multiple references are welcome).
- Nominator's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
- A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the artist's contributions according to the criteria above.
Only nominations submitted through the contact form on the SIGGRAPH website will be considered.