To provide awareness, education and resources, both onsite and year-round. We guide, inspire and uplift our global community to bring our whole selves to ACM SIGGRAPH and beyond. We are committed to expanding and broadening the many communities of SIGGRAPH, to be advocates for others and allies to all.
To promote inclusivity, equity and access to empower a diversity of people and content across all communities, to inspire our members to tell authentic stories through computer graphics and interactive techniques.
To be the premier organization in computer graphics and interactive techniques that is a model of inclusion, equity, access, and diversity for all.
Diversity and Inclusion at ACM SIGGRAPH
ACM SIGGRAPH celebrates the diversity of disciplines, ideas, innovations, journeys, and people that exist within the SIGGRAPH community. At our annual conferences and year-round activities, we have an expectation that everyone is treated with respect within our organization. Our goal is to create an environment where our members and our guests feel that ACM SIGGRAPH is a place where they feel safe, have a sense of belonging, and their voices are heard. Sustaining an organization where all thrive and are valued for their skills, ideas and are enabled to tell their story through the Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques is of the utmost importance.
ACM SIGGRAPH is an Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group (SIG) who share an interest in computer graphics and interactive techniques. ACM SIGGRAPH is the world’s first and largest computing society that serves an international community. We believe that our diversity makes us stronger together to innovate and create for the community and for society. ACM SIGGRAPH stands with ACM and our other SIGs in denouncing any activities of bullying, intolerance, racism, harassment, and any disrespect of our members and guests.
ACM requires all ACM members and members of ACM Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to abide by their Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment with respect to their participation in ACM-related activities. We also have the same expectation of guests that attend any of our events or activities to abide by this Policy.
The following are the goals and actions recommended to increase and strengthen diversity and inclusion at ACM SIGGRAPH:
- Collect and be transparent of data on leadership, committees, membership, and conference attendees, to help us better understand our efforts and to be responsive to the creation of activities and programs for all.
- Display our diversity and inclusion cultural statement prominently on the ACM SIGGRAPH website.
- Create a diversity and inclusion link on the top-level page of ACM SIGGRAPH website.
- Collaborate with the conferences and events on integrating diversity and inclusion topics, themes, and procedures where applicable and appropriate.
- Leverage resources and content that build cultural awareness, knowledge, and educational enrichment for members.
- At every opportunity, promote and showcase our commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and access.
- Convene a meeting, workshop, or summit annually focused on diversity and inclusion.
- Adopt and integrate diversity and inclusion in our marketing and communications messaging through storytelling, imagery, and various media.
- Be committed to getting feedback from our membership, attendees, and guests.
- Develop greater awareness on SIGGRAPH Cares.