CALL FOR PAPERS — NEW DEADLINE !
In cooperation with EG, a Eurographics2018 co-located event:
The 14th Workshop on Virtual Reality Interaction and Physical Simulation (VRIPHYS'18)
April 15-16, 2018, Delft (The Netherlands)
Submission deadline ** February 13, 2018 **
We are pleased to announce the 14th Workshop on Virtual Reality Interaction and Physical Simulation VRIPHYS 2018. The workshop will take place in Delft (NL) on April 15-16, 2018. It is organized in cooperation with EG.
VRIPHYS is one of the well-established international conferences in the field of computer animation and virtual reality. The workshop provides an opportunity for researchers in virtual reality and computer animation to present and discuss their latest results and to share ideas for potential directions of future research. Plenary keynotes, an industrial session and a PhD competition will complete the program.
For this edition, the workshop will be co-located once again with the 39th Eurographics Conference (April 16-20, 2018), and the best papers will be offered the opportunity to be published in the Computers&Graphics journal!
Topics of interest
Include, but are not limited to:
- animation, e.g. physically-based, vision-based, knowledge-based and geometric approaches
- virtual and augmented reality
- planning, learning, optimization for animation
- interfaces for creating and editing animations
- perception in animation
- autonomous characters, group and crowd behavior
- natural phenomena
- mathematical foundations of animation
- sound interfaces
- related techniques, e. g. collision detection and contact handling
- applications, e. g. in robotics, medicine, entertainment
Computers&Graphics Journal VSI
The "best papers Awards" will be given to the author(s) of full papers presented at the conference, selected by the Committee. Traditionally, the three honored papers are invited to submit an extended version to the journal Computers & Graphics, for publication in a Virtual Special Issue (VSI).
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished research and application papers addressing all areas of VRIPHYS.
Paper submissions in PDF should be formatted according to the EG publication style, following the instructions:
Submissions must be anonymous, should be written in English and should not exceed 10 pages. We encourage the submission of supplementary videos to particularly illustrate dynamic aspects of a submission. All materials will be submitted electronically through the SRM portal before January 30, 2018.
All submissions will be reviewed by three members of the International Program Committee. Accepted papers will be presented at the workshop. All accepted papers will be published as part of the full proceedings in the EG Digital Library at the time of the workshop.
- Preliminary Summary: January 23, 2018
- Full Paper Submission: February 13, 2018
- Full Paper Notification: March 12,2018
- Camera-ready: March 27,2018
- Conference: April. 15-16, 2018
- Poster/Work-in-Progress submission: March 27, 2018
- Sheldon Andrews, ETS Montreal, Canada
- Jan Bender, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Jérémie Dequidt, Univ. Lille – INRIA North Europe, France
- Kenny Erleben, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Fabrice Jaillet, IUT Lyon 1, LIRIS, Lyon, France
- Matthias Teschner, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Gabriel Zachmann, University of Bremen, Germany
For more information, please visit https://vriphys2018.sciencesconf.org/
And see you in Delft!