About the Lifelong Learning Committee
The ACM SIGGRAPH Lifelong Learning Committee is a Standing Committee of ACM SIGGRAPH composed of individuals in a broad variety of Computer Graphics related fields including games, animation, education, research, UX and art.
The mission of the Lifelong Learning Committee is to connect Computer Graphics professionals with applicable, relevant, and globally accessible learning resources.
One of the core areas within the Lifelong Learning Committee’s work is the SIGGRAPH University, which is currently in development with the vision of serving as the hub for all things learning related within the ACM SIGGRAPH community, and providing resources to students and professionals in Computer Graphics around the world. The Lifelong Learning Committee is also dedicated to mentoring professionals in their careers, providing free resources and events throughout the year.
Current Job Openings
The Lifelong Learning Committee is currently seeking volunteers for the positions listed below. We are looking for volunteers with the passion and dedication to serve the Computer Graphics community, and help us in furthering the mission set forth by this committee.
Volunteers at the Lifelong Learning Committee are expected to commit to regular committee meeting attendance (1 hour every two weeks) as well as some additional time as required (1-3 hours per week for tasks, and additional meetings if needed).
Course Content Associate
We are looking to fill two positions for help with collecting, curating, creating, editing, and uploading course content for SIGGRAPH University.
The Course Content Associate will work closely with the Learning Leads in creating exciting content for the SIGGRAPH University.
Please complete form here
● Experience with WordPress blogging site and/or Course Learning Management Systems (LMS)
● Insight into creative curriculum and course design.
● Experience in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro or any video editing software.
● Help collect, curate, and recommend content to be featured on the SIGGRAPH University website.
● Test run and provide feedback on content, organization, and presentation of course modules.
● Proof read content for any inconsistencies and grammatical errors.
● Upload content to LMS and help make recommendations for streamlining the content creation process.
● Assist with preparing marketing and promotional materials for email, social, video, landing pages and website.
● Work closely with the Learning Leads to maintain cohesive course design.
● Edit videos to produce logical course modules. Identify, tag, add subtitles and annotate content to enrich course experience.
● Add watermarks to videos, and check for accessibility standards.
We are looking to fill one position for help with creating marketing promotional materials, design banners, flyers, cards, and other graphic design tasks.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marketing Lead and Design Lead in creating digital and physical marketing materials for events and promotions.
Please complete form here
● 2+ years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
● Knowledge of Figma and Adobe After Effects is a plus.
● Exceptional communication skills with the ability to gather and disseminate information to present facts clearly and accurately in a graphic form.
● Creative, innovative and solutions-oriented team player who enjoys contributing to moving the team forward.
● Well organized and ability to properly manage individual workload.
● Demonstrated experience in the field of design, specifically in Graphic design and Branding.
● Portfolio is required.
● Create concise and compelling brands, from strategic foundations to visual identity system and expression.
● Turn purpose and strategy into aspirational stories through visuals, writing, and other media.
● Design Banner, Flyers, promotional assets for Conference Booths, and Social Media Graphics.
● Lead all Graphic Design, Branding, and Communication design using layout, color, and typography across a variety of mediums such as print, digital, environmental and so forth.
● Produce and create digital web and print solutions, to ensure consistency of brand identity.
● Work closely with the Marketing Lead and Design Lead to ensure continuation of a stable production environment and meeting design standards.
● Create Style guides and signages as required.
Social Media & Community Manager
We are looking to fill one position for help with managing social media and community for SIGGRAPH University. The ideal candidate is someone who loves interacting with people and always has fun ideas on ways to engage with others.
The SIGGRAPH University Lifelong Learning committee is seeking applications from students and professionals to volunteer and work closely with the Marketing Lead and Design Lead in creating exciting social content.
Please complete form here
● Work experience or relevant equivalent as a Community or Social Media Manager.
● Experience using Discord, Telegram, Twitch, and other key platforms & tools.
● Strong written communication skills and English proficiency.
● Engage in online communities to discover audience interests, trends, goals, and preferred channels.
● Identify and promote SIGGRAPH University on forums, threads, online meetups, and within Computer Graphics communities.
● Manage and improve the SIGGRAPH University community presence.
● Partner with advocates to collect and answer FAQ.
● Suggest and organize events such as AMAs, Q&As, and meetups.
● Suggest and curate social media content.
● Maintain regular presence at various Social Media Platforms for SIGGRAPH University.