The Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art is presented annually to an artist who has created a substantial and important body of work that significantly advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
- 2019 Donna Cox
- 2018 Monika Fleischmann
- 2017 Ernest A. Edmonds
- 2016 Steina Vasulka
- 2015 Lillian Schwartz
- 2014 Harold Cohen
- 2013 Manfred Mohr
- 2012 Jean-Pierre Hébert
- 2011 Charles Csuri
- 2010 Yoichiro Kawaguchi
- 2009 Lynn Hershman Leeson
- 2009 Roman Verostko
ACM SIGGRAPH members are invited to nominate individuals for the Distinguished Artist Award by contacting the Artist Award Chair by January 1 each year. Nominations are evaluated by the Art Award Committee, should include as much information about the nominee as possible, specifically:
- Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone number and/or email address are also appreciated).
- References to web sites showing the artist’s works and texts when applicable (multiple references are welcome).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement describing the significance of the artist’s contributions according to the criteria below.
Criteria for the Distinguished Artist Award:
- The artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts for more than 20 years.
- The artist has produced important work(s) referenced in digital art history/theory papers/books.
- The artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital art/media art.
- The artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in creative expression.
- The artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or practice of digital art through writing and presentations at conferences and symposia.