The SIGGRAPH Practitioner Award recognizes outstanding contributions to the practice and advancement of Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. The award recognizes the very best and most influential applications and practitioners. The award includes a $2,000 cash prize.
The Practitioner Award Committee evaluates nominations based on criteria that include:
- Impact to Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques based on practical application in methods, products, services or systems.
- Cumulative, demonstrable contributions to the field directly and through leadership of others
- Innovation and the stimulation of innovation through practice
- Influence on the work of others, and acceptance of practice by the ACM SIGGRAPH community
Nominations may be submitted to the Practitioner Award Chair by January 31 of each year, and should include:
- Contact information of the candidate
- Contact information of the nominator
- A brief summary (English, maximum one page) explaining how the candidate meets the criteria of the award.
- Contact information of at least two people knowledgeable about the qualifications of the candidate and who are willing to submit letters in support of the nomination upon request.