Submission Procedure Checklist: Screen-Based Art
Use the checklist below to ensure that your submission is complete and meets all applicable program requirements.
Requirements for All Submissions
Complete the online SIGGRAPH 2004 Art Gallery: Synaesthesia Submission Form. There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. When you complete your submission form, you will receive a submission ID number. Take note of this number for the rest of the submission requirements. A separate submission form must be completed for each submitted work.
If you are submitting a paper or any other type of artwork, please use Submission Procedure Checklist: Papers or Submission Procedure Checklist: Artwork.
Screen-based interactive programs
All on line submissions must include:
We expect all screen-based interactive programs to be available for review through our online submissions. However, if you wish to supply a hard copy of your submission for offline viewing please submit a cued NTSC VHS videotape with play list. This will ensure that we can view your work and not encounter difficulties launching it due to file errors, missing plugins, or other problems. We will consider digital files, which must be sent on Zip discs or CD-ROMs and run on the Mac or PC platform. The artwork must be self-contained and have everything required to run it, or it will not be reviewed. Enclose a disc list (see above). If your file does not open or play, your work will not be reviewed.
- Title, size, medium, and date of the final artwork.
- Publishable artist's statement of 400 words or less.
- Publishable technical statement of 400 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece.
- Uploadable versions of your optional supporting materials: one or more videos in a commonly viewable format (QuickTime, MPEG, AVI with DivX); one or more images in a c nly viewable format (JPEG).
All submissions must include:
We expect all web-based art to be available for review online. However, if you wish to supply a hard copy of your submission for offline viewing please submit in CD format. No slides or video, please.
- Title, date of the final artwork.
- The URL. Please ensure that the URL that you provide does not delay the committee and/or jury with a lengthy registration or navigation process to reach the content. It should be easily accessible by all reviewers. Please double-check the URL before finalizing and keep the link unaltered until after the review process is complete. The review process may end very early if the link you supply does not work!
- Artist's statement of no more than 400 words. Include a description of the ideas and intent of your work.
- Publishable technical statement of 400 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece. It should also include any information regarding the running of the piece including necessary plug-ins.
Maximum number of works per artist: four. A separate submission from must be completed for each submitted work.
University of Brighton
Faculty of Arts and Architecture
Brighton, Sussex BN2 0JY United Kingdom
Submitters located outside of the United Kingdom should note that customs delays of up to two weeks can occur. Customs labels should bear the words: "Educational material with no commercial value." SIGGRAPH 2004 will not pay any customs fees, duties, or tariffs incurred by your submission. Submissions delayed past the submission deadline will not be accepted for review.
Artists will receive notification of acceptance by email in late February.
Please check your email.