(Black & White Printing)
Learn how to prepare and output amazing black-and-white prints
in this section of The Studio, where attendees are introduced
to Piezography BW, a new software-and-ink combination that
allows artists and photographers to create high-resolution,
large-dynamic-range, black-and-white inkjet prints. Participants
are introduced to concepts like input, resolution requirements,
and output options.
Piezography BW Printing Procedures:
1. Sign up for a Piezography BW printing session (sign-ups
are offered one day in advance and on a first-come, first-served
2. Pick up a work slip when you check in and bring a file
on CD. (Or scan a print, transparency, or negative when you
arrive. Scanner access will be very limited, so access is
3. Open your file in Photoshop, then convert it into a grayscale
4. Work with the file and adjust for desired output. Volunteers
are available to provide information about the capabilities
of the system.
5. Files should be the desired output dimension at 240 pixels
per inch or higher. Volunteers can help with available printers
6. Select File, pull down to Export, Piezography BW. Volunteers
can assist with settings in this window, to select proper
papers, ICQ profiles, etc.
7. Fill out your work slip, ask a volunteer to check your
file and sign your work slip, then begin your print.