It will be framed in Atlanta and shipped to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center for you.
SIGGRAPH will ship your framed piece back to you.
IF IT IS A 3D WORK, INSTALLATION, OR PERFORMANCE-RELATED EQUIPMENT:
- Please read the following information on shipping your equipment directly to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- If you have interactive work, you will need to be at the convention center early enough to have your work up and running for the gallery opening, Sunday, 23 July 2000 at 4 pm. The earliest you can begin set up is after 12 Noon on Thursday, 20 July 2000.
SHIPPING/MATERIAL HANDLING GENERAL INFO
- Determine the exact products, items, and goods to be shipped to the SIGGRAPH 2000 conference.
- Condense the items, products, and goods that are to be shipped into the least amount of containers (boxes, carton, crates, etc.).
- Determine the strength and stability of the containers to reduce possible damage while shipping.
- The nature of the items being shipped will determine the type of freight forwarder and/or shipper that should be used.
- We suggest that you insure your shipment with your freight forwarder. If you have a preferred carrier already, feel free to use them.
FREIGHT FORWARDING COMPANIES
There are three basic types of freight forwarding companies. Significant additional charges can be incurred by not selecting the proper freight forwarder:
Common Carrier: This is the most cost effective method, however, your shipment may be handled (loaded and unloaded) several times before reaching its final destination. There is a greater possibility of damage if items are not packed correctly (not suitable for unprotected fragile items). This method requires longer transit time. Consolidated Freightways (CF) is the common carrier for SIGGRAPH 2000 to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (MCC) in New Orleans. They will be onsite for all outbound shipments. If you choose to use another carrier, it will be your responsibility to make arrangements to call them for pick up at the close of the show.
Van Line (more costly, but suggested for fragile, uncrated items): Pad wrap, special handling, guaranteed door to door in a direct trip. North American Van Line is the suggested van line for SIGGRAPH 2000. For suggested van lines in your area, contact: Dominick Esposito or Connie Cummings at 714.772.9049 or send email to: email@example.com.
Air Freight: To and from the conference, Freeman Air is available for overnight and 2nd day delivery. Less chance of damage compared to common carrier if items are packaged securely.
DRAYAGE--(handling materials once at the MCC in New Orleans)
Once at MCC, Sullivan Transfer Company (STC) handles all the materials to and from your area(s). Empties are held in storage, returned to your area(s) at the close of the conference and reloaded back onto the trucks. We can also offer accessible storage during conference hours if required. For storage needs,
contact Dominick Esposito or Connie Cummings, 714.772.9049 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INBOUND SHIPPING (to MCC)
There are only two locations that you should ship materials to:
- Sullivan Transfer warehouse in New Orleans
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (MCC)
If your shipment WILL ARRIVE in New Orleans on or before Tuesday, 18 July 2000, you may ship to the Sullivan warehouse at the address below. If materials are shipped to the Sullivan warehouse, those materials will be automatically delivered onsite to the location specified on the shipping label (as outlined below). Please be as complete as possible on this label:
Hold for SIGGRAPH 2000
c/o Sullivan Transfer Company
905 Sams Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70123
If your shipment WILL ARRIVE in New Orleans on or after Wednesday, 19 July 2000, you must ship directly to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center at the address below. Again, those items will be automatically delivered onsite to the location specified on the packing label (as outlined below). Please be as complete as possible on this label:
c/o Sullivan Transfer Company
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70130
Forms required for inbound shipping will be:
- Paperwork required by your freight forwarder
- Order for Service--a form that tells us what is coming, when and how to track your materials
- Packing labels filled out as outlined below
After arranging your shipment, an email should be sent to email@example.com listing the information that you included on the shipping label below. This provides us with a double check that your materials will arrive when and where you need them.
Every single box or package must be labeled. Each label must include the following information:
Program chair name
1 of # of pieces
OUTBOUND SHIPPING (from MCC)
Forms required for outbound shipping will be:
- Material Handling Agreement Forms--a bill of lading specifying your outgoing freight fowarder to be completed for all shipments going out of the MCC.
- Shipping label identifying where you want the materials sent.