- This event has passed.
June 8, 2014 @ 3:00 pm - June 12, 2014 @ 3:00 am
The 30th Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry
The 30th Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2014) will be held in Kyoto University Centennial Memorial Hall, Kyoto, Japan, as part of the Computational Geometry Week. The symposium invites submissions of high-quality papers, videos, and multimedia presentations describing original research addressing computational problems in a geometric setting — in particular their algorithmic solutions, implementation issues, applications, and mathematical foundations.
The topics of the Symposium reflect the rich diversity of research interests in computational geometry. They are intended to highlight both the depth and scope of computational geometry, and to invite fruitful interactions with other disciplines.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- design, analysis, and implementation of geometric algorithms and data structures
- lower bounds on the computational complexity of geometric problems
- mathematical, numerical, and algebraic issues arising in the formulation, analysis, implementation, and experimental evaluation of geometric algorithms and heuristics
- discrete and combinatorial geometry; computational topology
- novel algorithmic applications of geometry in computer graphics, geometric modeling, computer-aided design and manufacturing, scientific computing, geographic information systems, database systems, robotics, computational biology, machine learning, sensor networks, medical imaging, combinatorial optimization, statistical analysis, discrete differential geometry, theoretical computer science, graph drawing, pure mathematics, and other fields.