- This event has passed.
EG VCBM 2015
September 14, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - September 16, 2015 @ 3:00 am
5th Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine
EG VCBM is now an annual event addressing state-of-the-art visual computing research with a strong focus on applications in biology and medicine. EG VCBM is unique, as it provides a highly interdisciplinary forum for experts from computer graphics, visualization, computer vision, visual analytics, human computer interfaces and end users from biology and medicine jointly working on next generation visual computing solutions for healthcare and the biotechnology sector.
EG VCBM solicits the submission of original application-oriented research papers that advance the fusion of visual computing methods within medicine and biological science. All papers should focus on a well-defined biological or medical problem, and should demonstrate a significant innovation or improvement in visual computing.
Suggested topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
- Medical simulation, including uses of stereoscopy and haptics
- Virtual physiological human
- Visual computing solutions for medical applications like radiology, interventional medicine, pathology, anatomy and medical education
- Visual computing solutions for applications to support biomedical research in systems biology, omics, molecular pathology, neuroanatomy, biomedical imaging,…..
- Survey papers on visual computing in biology and medicine
Methods might include, but are not limited to:
- Computer models of biomechanical, physiological and biochemical functions of living systems.
- Visualization and analysis of all kinds of biomedical (image) data.
- Information visualization of medical data sets e.g. electronic health records.
- Visualization, mining and analysis of biomedical data collections.
- Fusion, analysis and visualization of heterogeneous and/or multi-source data.
- Multi-scale methods and data structures for large data.
- Interaction and design of visual computing workflows in medicine and biology.
- Data tracking and registration.
- Data reconstruction and geometry extraction.
- Real time rendering and interaction with anatomy models.
All submitted papers will run through a one-stage peer-review process. Accepted papers will be presented at the workshop and will appear in the EG-published electronic conference proceedings. The authors of the best three papers will be invited to submit an extended article version of their paper as journal publication to Computer Graphics Forum.
Paper submission: June 21, 2015
Paper notification: End July/beginning August 2015
Camera-ready deadline: August 14, 2015
Poster submission: August 07, 2015
Poster notification: end August 2015
Workshop: September 14-15, 2015