RealMedia currently has only two video codecs: RealVideo (Standard) and RealVideo (Fractal). Please bear
in mind that this page only compares the one to the other.
- RealVideo (Standard) is usually best for data rates below 3 KBps.
- It works better with relatively static material than it does with higher
- It usually encodes faster.
- RealVideo (Standard) is significantly more CPU intensive than the RealVideo
- It usually requires a very fast PowerMac or Pentium for optimal playback.
|Ideal source material
||Low-motion video, below 3KBps
|Supported bit depths
||Part of RealVideo Encoder kit (included with Media Cleaner Pro)
||Built into RealPlayer installer
If you have any comments or tips & tricks to share
about RealVideo, please contact us at