The Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP 2014) is a prominent venue for the dissemination of cutting-edge research in geometry processing. This year, the 12th symposium will be held at Cardiff University (UK) from 9 July to 11 July. The conference will cover concepts from mathematics, computer science and engineering which offer new insights into the acquisition, modeling, analysis, manipulation, simulation and transmission of complex 3D models.
SGP invites submissions related to, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Acquisition and reconstruction analysis and fabrication for 3D printing
- Discrete differential geometry exploration and learning of shape collections
- Geometric modelling and fabrication
- Geometry and topology representations
- Geometry compression
- Geometry processing applications Interactive techniques
- Meshing and remeshing multiresolution modelling
- Robust geometry processing
- Shape analysis and synthesis
- Simulation and animation
- Smoothing and denoising
- Surface and volume parameterization
In addition to the symposium, SGP 2014 will offer a graduate school on 7 July and 8 July. The courses offered in the graduate school are geared toward graduate students at the beginning of their PhD studies, and will be taught by leading experts in the field of geometry processing.
Since 2011, an annual award has been given at SGP for freely-available software related to or useful for geometry processing. Nominations for the software award be sent to email@example.com.
Visit the SGP 2014 website for more information on the symposium.