Accepting Nominations for the International Resources Committee Chair
The mission of the International Resources Committee (IRC) is to extend the reach and influence of the ACM SIGGRAPH conferences and organization globally through language and intercultural support. The year-long activities of the committee include:
- Creation of multilingual audio guides (recorded translations) for the SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia programs: Emerging Technologies, VR Village, Art Gallery and Studio, with the aim of bridging the cultural and language gap between the many branches of the ACM SIGGRAPH organization and the rest of the world.
- Providing services of such as translations, international path-finding and networking.
- Bi-monthly media asset production of SIGGRAPH Spotlight episodes with interviews with professionals from around the world, as well as bi-monthly contributions to the ACM SIGGRAPH Blog.
- Promoting ACM SIGGRAPH, the SIGGRAPH conferences, and articles of general computer graphics interest worldwide through our social media channels.
- Hosting events of general and/or regional interest at the ACM SIGGRAPH Theatre during the SIGGRAPH conference and the SIGGRAPH Asia conference.
- Collaborate with other committees in terms of development (e.g. “Triviatron”, the IRC trivia game which is part of the SIGGRAPH VR game “ScavengAR”).
The Chair of the International Resources Committee interacts with the upper ACM SIGGRAPH management as well as Conference Committee Chairs. The Chair has a term of three years.
The responsibilities of the Chair include:
- Coordinate the creation of assets for the SIGGRAPH Spotlight (recorded interviews) and Blog articles
- Coordinate the creation of multilingual audio guides (translations and recordings) for SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia
- Coordinate the regular publications of ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH and CG/Animation related news in the IRC social media channels
- Coordinate the creation of IRC graphics content like infographics, logos, booth graphics, and any other material that helps to brand the IRC
- Supervise the English Review Service for SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia
- Select and work together with the International Center Manager in the organization and curation of the ACM SIGGRAPH Theater presentations at SIGGRAPH, as well as the presentations at SIGGRAPH Asia.
- Find new ways to collaborate with other ACM SIGGRAPH Standing Committees
- Keep the team informed of the committee activities through newsletters
This list of activities is what constitutes the core of the work in the International Resources Committee. We expect the new Chair will continue or improve this set of activities in a way that creates greater impact to the organization and support to contributors and attendees at the conferences. We also recognize that no one individual can be expert in best practices across all of the constituencies of ACM SIGGRAPH and expect that the chair will rely heavily on their committee to supplement their own expertise.
The Chair of the International Resources Committee should expect to spend an average of 6-8 hours per week on committee business.
If you are interested in this position, please contact: Rebecca Strzelec.