ACM SIGGRAPH is accepting applications for the position of SIGGRAPH Conference Chair 2021.
Both annual Conferences, SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia, provide a unique crossroads for a diverse community of researchers, developers, creators, educators, and practitioners. Our continuing mission is to hold the premier annual conferences on theory and practice of computer graphics and interactive techniques, inspiring progress through education, excellence, and interaction.
The SIGGRAPH Conference Chair has a rare opportunity to inspire and lead a highly energized, multitalented, and deeply committed team of volunteers and professional service contractors in delivering the world's greatest conference on computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH Conference Chairs work in close conjunction with the Conference Event Director, Conference Advisory Group (CAG), ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee (EC), professional service contractors, and volunteer conference committee to create and implement the conference.
Conference Chairs are visionaries, leaders, and managers.
Among the preferred qualifications are:
- SIGGRAPH Conference Chairs must hold current membership with both ACM and ACM SIGGRAPH throughout the duration of their conference planning cycle.
- Familiarity with the SIGGRAPH conference, ideally a previous committee member chairing a venue and/or an elected position with the SIGGRAPH Organization.
- Strong, demonstrated, effective management expertise and ability to manage a diverse group of people.
- Able to make a three-year commitment to managing the conference and actively participating as a member of the CAG.
- Experience with budgets of over one million dollars.
Detailed information can be found at https://www.siggraph.org/participate/conference-chair
Conference Volunteer application can be found at https://www.siggraph.org/participate/volunteer
If you have specific questions, please address them to the Chair of the Conference Advisory Group.
Applications are due by September 21, 2018.