Garry M. Paxinos
From mid 2006 until recently I was the Senior Vice President, Engineering
for Sezmi Corporation.
If you want to get really bored, here is a copy of my resume.
Board of Directors (BOD) / Technical Advisory Board (TAB)
- SIGGRAPH 2004 - Panel Chair - Next Generation User Interfaces for Consumer Electronics
- CES/2003 - Panel Presentation on UPnP
- COMDEX/Fall 2000 - Linux Business Expo
Presented with Stuart Anderson - 'We do windows. A history of X'
- Linux World Expo 2000
Presented with Stuart Anderson - 'Embedding the X Window System'
- COMDEX/Fall '99
Panel Chair - 'Will Linux be your next Development Platform'
- COMDEX/Miami '99
Panel Chair - 'Linux: The Windows Alternative'
- COMDEX/Spring '99
Presented with Morgan Von Essen - 'Linux: The Windows Alternative'
- Uniforum '98
Presented with Morgan Von Essen - 'Working Together: Open Source and Commercial Projects. The XFree86 Project and Metro Link Inc.'
Conference Program Committee
- IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, International Advisory Committee, 2004, 2005, 2006
- IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking 2004
- Usenix 2001 - Freenix Program
- ACM Multimedia 1996
- X Technical Conference 1996
- X Technical Conference 1992
- FedUnix Motif/CDE Conference 1993
- FedUnix Motif Conference 1992
- ACM SIGGRAPH
- 2000 - 2001 Member of the Conference Advisory Group (CAG)
- Creative Applications Lab committee member for ACM SIGGRAPH 99
- Creative Applications Lab Chair and member of the Conference Committee
ACM SIGGRAPH 98
- Creative Applications Lab committee member at ACM SIGGRAPH 97
- Professional Chapters booth Co-Chair at ACM SIGGRAPH 96
- Electronic Media Committee Co-Chair at ACM
ACM SIGGRAPH 95
- Coordinated the MBONE multicasts from ACM SIGGRAPH 94 as well
as technical coordination for the onsite WWW servers.
- ACM Multimedia
- Network Chair, member of the Conference Committee,
and Liaison with the colocated SPIE conference
for ACM Multimedia 96.
- Network Chair and member of the Conference Committee for
ACM Multimedia 95
- Member of the Electronic Media Committee for ACM Multimedia 94.
- 2005 - 200x Member of the International Advisory Committee for the International Symposium on Consumer ELectronics (ISCE)
- 2002 - 200x Member of the International Steering Committee for the International Workshop on Networked Appliances (IWNA).
Advanced Television Systems Committee
- 2004 - 20xx Member of the US ACM Public Policy Committee
- 1996 - 1998 Member of the ACM Electronic Services Working Group (ESWG)
- 1996 - 1998 Information Director for and Member of the ACM Membership and
Activities Board (MAB)
- 1995 - 1996
Information Director for and Member of the
ACM LAB (Local Activities Board)
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- Application Subcommittee
- 2004-2005 Chair Ad Hoc Group on Advanced CODECs in the Main Stream
Florida Center for Electronic Communication (CEC)
IEC/ISO JTC1 SC25 Working Group 1
- Technical Standards Council
- R7 Home Electronics Committee
- R7.1 CEBus Technical Standards Committee
- R7.3 Powerline Carrier Committee
- 2001 - 2002 Evaluation Team
- R7.4 Home Networks Committee
- 2001 - 2004 Chair
- 1998 - 2004 Member
- R7.5 Video Committee
- R7.6 Digital Entertainment Network
- R7.7 Wireless Network
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- 1999-2004 Member of the US Delegation
- 1999-2004 Member of the US Technical Advisory Group (TAG) / ANSI
- 1999-2002 Webmaster
Museum of Discovery and Science (Fort Lauderdale, Florida.)
- 2000 - 2005 Member of the Charter Board of Directors
- 1996 - 2000 Member of the Board of Directors
Nova Southeastern University
- 1998 - 200x Scientific Advisor
- 1995 - 1998 Member of the Technology Advisory Council
- 2005 - 20xx Member of the Graduate School Academic Advisory Committee
South Florida Library Information Network (SEFLIN)
- 1994 - 1994 Managed initial WWW Server
South Florida Sun User's Group (SFSUG)
- 1998 - 1999 Chair of SEFLIN's Broward Advisory Board.
- 1996 - 1998 Vice Chair of SEFLIN's Broward Advisory Board.
- 1994 - 1999 Member of the advisory committee and chair of the technical
committee for the Broward County Free-Net operated by the South Florida
Library Information Network.
South Florida Unix User's Group (SFUUG)
- 1994 - 1994 Member of the Steering Committee
South Florida X User's Group (SFXUG)
The Open Group (TOG)
- 1986 - 1990 Member of the Steering Committee
Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA>
- 1997 - 1999 Member of the X Project Team / X.Org
- 1998 Co-Chair of the Network Client Program Group
- 1997 - 1998 Deputy-Chair of the Desktop Program Group.
X.Org / X Consortium
- Member of the Home Network Committee
- 1999 Vice Chair
- 1991 - 1996 Advisory Board Member
Can you say volunteeritis? :-) I'm getting better... really...
Hmm, do you really think I have time for other things with that much
stuff going on? :-) I occassionally SCUBA dive, and I recently earned my Private Pilots License (VFR).
email@example.com - +1.954.655.7453