The deadline for Skteches & Applications submissions was:
7 April 1999
The deadline for publication materials (text and images) was:
3 May 1999
The deadline for final speaker requirements is:
9 July 1999
This page contains valuable information for those who have received a letter stating that their work has been accepted by the Sketches & Applications program for SIGGRAPH 99.
Please remember these important conditions:
1. You must submit final official conference publication materials (150 words of ASCII text and up to two 35mm slides for images to be printed). The deadline for these materials was: 3 May 1999.
Please email text to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send 35mm slides (use paper slide mounts labeled "FRONT/TOP") with a cover letter including your SIGGRAPH 99 program name, your submission ID number, and project title to:
SIGGRAPH 99 Publications Coordinator
5475 Mark Dabling Boulevard, Suite 108
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918 USA
Authors of accepted submissions may submit supplemental material
for the Conference Abstracts & Applications CD-ROM. Supplemental material -- images, MPEG
and QuickTime animations, etc. -- is intended to enhance the
presentation of the submission documented in the print publication.
Information on preparing and submitting supplemental material is
2. The submitter of the sketch or applications must obtain a completed, printed, and signed SIGGRAPH 99 Authorization Form from each presenter. Presenters who have not submitted signed forms will not be allowed to present.
4. No commercially oriented presentations will be allowed in the Panels program.
5. You must accept responsibility for your own travel and housing expenses to attend SIGGRAPH 99.
6. You must communicate your session's presentation requirements to Speaker Preparation Services.
If you are unwilling or unable to comply with these conditions, please contact us immediately.
SIGGRAPH 99 Responsibilities
SIGGRAPH 99 provides the following services to each contributor whose work has been accepted by the Sketches & Applications program:
1. Contributor Recognition including Full Conference registration and official publication of your work.
2. Hotel selection assistance.
3. Session and scheduling signage.
4. At the Los Angeles Convention Center, during the conference, SIGGRAPH 99 provides:
Insurance for equipment brought into the convention center (including donated equipment). Please see Insurance Coverage requirements and information.
Standard session room setup and equipment Arrangements for equipment outside the standard setup are the sole responsibility of Sketches & Applications presenters.
Speaker preparation services including slide production and rehearsals.
For more information during SIGGRAPH 99, contact Steve Overby in the Speaker Prep Room at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Prior to the conference:
SIGGRAPH 99 Speaker Prep Coordinator
AVW Audio Visual, Inc.
4201 South Congress, Suite 316
Austin, Texas 78745 USA
SIGGRAPH 99 believes that it is important to thank corporate donors and to make attendees aware of the donors' support of the conference. All recognition offered by SIGGRAPH 99 is to acknowledge and thank donors and does not
serve as reimbursement for support or as a trade for registration or access to the conference or specific programs or events in return for donations.
Organizations that loan equipment or donate cash and/or services to SIGGRAPH 99 or to its contributors, prior to or during the conference, are acknowledged as follows:
The name of the donating organization is printed as acknowledgement in the SIGGRAPH 99 Program and Buyer's Guide and on the donor recognition banner (which is hung prominently in the convention center).
Each donor receives a personalized thank-you letter from SIGGRAPH 99 after the conference.
Standard-sized signs, approved and produced by SIGGRAPH 99, may be displayed on donated equipment to acknowledge the use of equipment, at the discretion of the SIGGRAPH 99 Conference Chair.
Possible acknowledgement on the SIGGRAPH 99 Web site.
All of our deadlines between now and the conference are very tight. Please help us by communicating your needs and questions early.
Again, congratulations. We are looking forward to working with you to make the Sketches & Applications program a success!
SIGGRAPH 99 Sketches & Applications Chair