The deadline for course proposals was:
2 December 1998
The deadline for camera-ready course notes was:
22 April 1999
The deadline for final speaker requirements is:
23 June 1999
This page contains valuable information for those who have received a letter stating that their proposal for a SIGGRAPH 99 Course has been accepted.
Please remember these important conditions:
1. The course organizer must prepare a set of electronic course notes and a timeline listing the topics and speakers in chronological order. This material must be suitable for publication and received by 22 April 1999.
2. You must communicate your session's presentation requirements to Speaker Preparation Services.
Please contact us immediately with any questions or concerns.
SIGGRAPH 99 Responsibilities
SIGGRAPH 99 provides the following services to each contributor whose work has been accepted by the Panels program:
1. Contributor Recognition including Full Conference registration and two copies that you select from available printed Course Notes.
2. Travel ($500 domestic/$1,000 international airfare maximum) and housing (Full Day Course: up to two nights for four speakers; Half Day Course: up to two nights for two speakers; Tutorial: up to two nights for one speaker)
3. Session and scheduling signage.
4. At the Los Angeles Convention Center, during the conference, SIGGRAPH 99 provides:
Insurance for equipment brought into the convention center (including donated equipment). Please see Insurance Coverage requirements and information.
SIGGRAPH 99 believes that it is important to thank corporate donors and to make attendees aware of the donors' support of the conference. All recognition offered by SIGGRAPH 99 is to acknowledge and thank donors and does not serve as reimbursement for support or as a trade for registration or access to the conference or specific programs or events in return for donations.
Organizations that loan equipment or donate cash and/or services to SIGGRAPH 99 or to its contributors, prior to or during the conference, are acknowledged as follows:
The name of the donating organization is printed as acknowledgement in the SIGGRAPH 99 Program and Buyer's Guide and on the donor recognition banner (which is hung prominently in the convention center).
Each donor receives a personalized thank-you letter from SIGGRAPH 99 after the conference.
Standard-sized signs, approved and produced by SIGGRAPH 99, may be displayed on donated equipment to acknowledge the use of equipment, at the discretion of the SIGGRAPH 99 Conference Chair.
Possible acknowledgement on the SIGGRAPH 99 Web site.
All of our deadlines between now and the conference are very tight. Please help us by communicating your needs and questions early.
Again, congratulations. We are looking forward to working with you to make the Courses program a success!
SIGGRAPH 99 Courses Chair