The deadlines for submitting to the Art Gallery have passed.
This page contains valuable information for those who have received a letter stating that their work has been accepted by the SIGGRAPH 99 Art Gallery: technOasis.
Please remember these important deadlines and policies:
1. Please submit final official conference publication materials (150 words of ASCII text and 35mm slides). The deadline for these materials was 10 March 1999.
Email text to email@example.com.
If you have not already supplied 35mm slides, please send your images as soon as possible (use paper slide mounts labeled "FRONT/TOP") with a cover letter including your SIGGRAPH 99 program, online ID number, and project title to:
SIGGRAPH 99 Art Gallery Chair
44 Avalon Drive
Rochester, New York 14618 USA
Authors of accepted submissions may submit supplemental material
for the Electronic Art & Animation Catalog CD-ROM. Supplemental material -- images, MPEG
and QuickTime animations, etc. -- is intended to enhance the
presentation of the submission documented in the print publication.
Information on preparing and submitting supplemental material is
3. SIGGRAPH Conference policy does not allow contributor-supplied signage, including corporate or donor signage, to be displayed in the Art Gallery: technOasis.
4. Contributors may not provide literature or handouts, including corporate sales flyers, donor information, or other materials inside the Art Gallery: technOasis.
5. Interactive Art: Please provide a drawing of your intended floorplan including dimensions and traffic flow to help us best accommodate your needs within the overall technOasis floorplan.
6. Interactive Art: You should plan to travel and house sufficient staff to manage your project at SIGGRAPH 99 from Sunday, 8 August through Friday, 13 August.
7. Interactive Art: You should plan to ship to and from the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) all equipment necessary to operate your project at SIGGRAPH 99. Be sure to also insure your shipment while in transit.
Please contact us immediately if you have any questions regarding these responsibilities.
SIGGRAPH 99 Responsibilities
SIGGRAPH 99 provides the following services to each contributor whose work has been accepted by the Art Gallery: technOasis.
1. Contributor recognition including Full Conference registration and official publication of your work.
2. Hotel selection assistance.
3. Donor recognition for your sponsoring companies. Please see the SIGGRAPH 99 Donor Recognition policy.
4. Framing, as arranged with the Art Gallery chair according to specifications provided prior to 9 July 1999.
5. At the Los Angeles Convention Center, during the conference, SIGGRAPH 99 provides (if arrangements have been made and confirmed before 9 July 1999):
Drayage (deliver your shipping crates between the loading docks and your installation space).
As needed, floor space, floor covering, and furnishings within a designed gallery space.
Electrical service and lighting, as appropriate.
Standard ethernet connection to GraphicsNet.
Insurance for equipment brought into the convention center (including donated equipment). Please see Insurance Coverage requirements and information.
Identifying and descriptive signage for your work.
Student Volunteer assistance.
SIGGRAPH 99 believes that it is important to thank corporate donors and to make attendees aware of the donors' support of the conference. All recognition offered by SIGGRAPH 99 is to acknowledge and thank donors and does not
serve as reimbursement for support or as a trade for registration or access to the conference or specific programs or events in return for donations.
Organizations that loan equipment or donate cash and/or services to SIGGRAPH 99 or to its contributors, prior to or during the conference, are acknowledged as follows:
The name of the donating organization is printed as acknowledgement in the SIGGRAPH 99 Program and Buyer's Guide and on the donor recognition banner (which is hung prominently in the convention center).
Each donor receives a personalized thank-you letter from SIGGRAPH 99 after the conference.
Standard-sized signs, approved and produced by SIGGRAPH 99, may be displayed on donated equipment to acknowledge the use of equipment, at the discretion of the SIGGRAPH 99 Conference Chair.
Possible acknowledgement on the SIGGRAPH 99 Web site.
All of our deadlines between now and the conference are very tight. Please help us by communicating your needs and questions early.
Again, congratulations. We are looking forward to working with you to make the Art Gallery: technOasis a success!
SIGGRAPH 99 Art Gallery: technOasis Chair