How to Apply for a Visa
If you are in one of the following categories, you may not need a visa to visit Canada:
- Citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa.
- Persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.
- British citizens and British Overseas Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom.
- Citizens of British dependent territories who derive their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British dependent territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Persons holding a British National (Overseas) Passport issued by the Government of the United Kingdom to persons born, naturalized, or registered in Hong Kong.
- Persons holding a valid and subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- Persons holding passports or travel documents issued by the Holy See.
If your visa application requires a letter of invitation from SIGGRAPH 2011, you can request one after you complete your registration. Invitation letters are available through the Registration Resource Center.
If you need more information about visa procedures, please contact the SIGGRAPH 2011 International Resources Co-Chairs.