New for 2011
For the first time in its history, the annual SIGGRAPH conference convenes outside the United States. Vancouver has thrown down the welcome mat and embraced SIGGRAPH 2011 with open arms. The British Columbia Provincial and the Vancouver City governments are working closely with our liaisons in the Vancouver SIGGRAPH Chapter to ensure that this will be the most exciting SIGGRAPH conference yet. Remember: Make It Home!
SIGGRAPH Symposium: The Business Think Tank
SIGGRAPH is an international collaboration of unique individuals: artists, scientists, engineers, and producers, all of whom contribute to the quickly evolving computer graphics community. As these multi-faceted talents discover and create, the business models that support their achievements evolve as well. SIGGRAPH 2011 presents a one-day symposium focusing on the industries that arise from the SIGGRAPH community. Through discussion-based sessions and inspiring presentations, the day illuminates the vital components of the new global economy, and how our industry is adapting.
- New business models
- The mysteries of working internationally
- How entrepreneurs and aritsts can integrate business and creativity
- How to navigate the 21st-century industrial landscape, where a few large companies and a plethora of smaller cells are all working to create and innovate
- Hiring, managing, branding, and protecting your business and assets
- Do the tradtional production business models still make sense?
- Is change always good?
The SIGGRAPH Symposium is designed to ask uncomfortable questions that do not have ready answers but are vital to everyone in the international SIGGRAPH community.