SIGGRAPH 2010 By Focus
Focus First-Time Attendees
Is this your first SIGGRAPH conference?
To help maximize the clarity of our wide array of amazing content, here are some tips on how to get the most out of your first time.
- Check out the SIGGRAPH 2010 By Focus pages (Research, Games, Students or Education for instance).
- Interested in research? Make sure you attend the Technical Papers Fast Forward on Monday night. It's a preview of all the recent advancements that will be presented in the Technical Papers sessions, so it will help you plan the rest of your week.
- Save at least one night to attend the Computer Animation Festival Evening Theater, where you'll see the finest in the past year's technical and artistic achievement in animation, visual effects, and scientific visualization.
- Have some time between Courses? Don't miss the Art Gallery, The Studio, and Emerging Technologies.
- Check out the Birds of a Feather sessions, a good place to find your niche or catch up with old schoolmates and former co-workers!
One last thing: While you are at SIGGRAPH 2010, look for people with lots of pins on their badges and ask them for suggestions (or ask them what all those pins are for!). After all, 2010 is about the “People Behind the Pixels”.
SIGGRAPH 2010 Conference Chair