Applying for XSV
In order to apply, you must complete two critical steps:
1. If you are eligible to participate, you must express your interest by submitting an Online Application Form. This form requests some basic information about yourself and your previous involvement in the annual SIGGRAPH conference. It asks you to provide:
- A brief description of your Student Volunteer experience or any other SIGGRAPH involvement to date.
- A brief explanation of why you want to participate in the XSV apprentice program.
- A brief résumé of your academic and professional activities.
- Your ordered preferences for the conference programs you would like to work with.
- What support or constraints you expect from your employer or family.
- How much time (average and peak) you can spend on SIGGRAPH-related volunteer service between December 2007 and August 2008.
- The names and contact information of your three references.
You need three letters of recommendation. As each letter is successfully completed and submitted, you will receive a confirmation email notice.
- You cannot write your own recommendation letter.
- Good recommendation sources include professors and employers who:
Know you well
Know your specific skills and interests with respect to computer graphics
Can give a candid assessment of what it's like to work with you.
Can communicate your level of commitment