Review and Upon Acceptance
The SIGGRAPH 2007 Art Gallery: Global Eyes is both a juried and a curated exhibition. The jurors focus on the work's creativity, concept, and technique along with its overall relationship to the SIGGRAPH audience. If your work is not accepted, that is not a reflection on its quality. Because of space limitations, we are able to accept only a limited number of pieces.
Artwork will be reviewed shortly after the submission deadline. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email by late February (possibly earlier given international participation issues).
Accepted artists are responsible for the following upon acceptance:
- Guarantee that the contributor is legally authorized to submit the materials for publication and presentation.
- High-quality work. Acceptance of any artwork is contingent on the level of quality of the delivered work. Works that are not professionally prepared and framed according to our guidelines may be omitted from the exhibition.
- Submission of all required forms for registration, shipping, insurance, etc. by the due dates.
Download shipping forms
- Shipping costs and insurance to and from the San Diego Convention Center. SIGGRAPH 2007 is not responsible for shipping charges.
- SIGGRAPH 2007 Acceptance Agreements. If your submission is accepted by SIGGRAPH 2007, an Acceptance Agreement will be produced from the Permissions section of your online submission form. You must print that agreement, sign it, and fax it or send it via postal or courier service before SIGGRAPH 2007. If we do not receive your completed, signed Acceptance Agreement, your work cannot be presented at SIGGRAPH 2007.
The Acceptance Agreement is a legal document. It explains the uses SIGGRAPH makes of presented material and requires you to acknowledge that you have permission to use this material. This may involve seeking clearance from your employer or from others who have loaned you material or who own the copyright. The agreement helps prevent situations whereby SIGGRAPH 2007 artworks include material without permission that might lead to complaints or even legal action. In addition, this agreement asks if ACM SIGGRAPH may use your materials for conference and organization promotional material in exchange for full author/artist credit information (which you may decline).
All work selected for the Art Gallery will be documented in the SIGGRAPH 2007 Electronic Art and Animation Catalog and the Full Conference DVD.