Color and quality can vary greatly from digital submission to
printer and from printer to printer. It is important
that the final artwork reflect what the jury has seen.
This often requires using a professional printing service
to make your final print. Large-format printers invariably
deliver better results.
Suggested professional print output:
- Archival high-quality inkjet prints
- Iris prints
- UV-cured flatbed printing
- Lightjet printing
- Durable dye-based printing
- While sometimes costly, we recommend that you have your work framed by a professional framer.
- Pieces must use Plexiglas
- Pieces should be matted with archival white mats.
- Frames should be strong enough to both structurally and aesthetically support the work.
- Work that arrives at SIGGRAPH 2007 in substandard condition may be pulled from the show.
- We reserve the right to pull works that are not framed to the specifications outlined here. If the presentation of your piece differs significantly from our description, it is your responsibility to contact us to discuss this matter before shipping your piece(s).
- Resong Board (from a local lumber yard) approximately _ inches x 6 inches x 12 inches (or necessary length)
- 48-inch X 96-inch x 1-inch Dow Board (1 inch) or other foam insulation board
- 1/8-inch plywood (luan) or paneling (whichever is cheaper)
Example: 28 3/4 inches x 33 7/8 inches x 2 3/8 inches
2. Add _-inch clearance to height and width and _-inch clearance to depth.
Example: 29 inches x 34 1/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches
3. Add 2 inches to new size.
Example: 31 inches x 36 1/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches
This is the interior size of the box.
4. Rip Resong to correct width (4 5/8 inches). Cut and build box as shown in Diagram A. (Add _ inches to interior.)
Example: 31 inches + _ inches =31 _ inches x 4 5/8 inches = 2 pieces
36 1/8 inches + _ inches =36 7/8 inches x 4 5/8 inches = 2 pieces
5. Cut luan pieces, 2 @ 31 _ inches x 36 7/8 inches.
6. Build box using all-purpose screws to join and wood glue.
7. Glue and nail luan to bottom (use 1 1/8-inch nails with heads).
8. Cut dow boards.
Use measurements from instruction #3 for height and width.
Example: 31 inches X 36 1/8 inches.
Use measurements from instruction #2 for sides.
Example: 2 3/8 inches x ? and subtract 1 inch from #3 measurements for strip length. Example: 2 3/8 inches x 30 (2 pieces) and 2 3/8 inches x 35 1/8 inches (2 pieces)
9. Cut linen strip 4 inches wide x approximately 10 inches added to shortest interior side of box for pull-out strip.
10. Install foam into box.
11. Lay pullout strip inside and over edges.
12. Install framed art padding corners and sides (use thin green packing foam strips or other thin packing material) See Diagram B.
13. Install top piece of foam and attach top using _-inch #6 Phillips screwdriver and drive wood screws and #6 finish washers to close. (Space approximately 6 inches apart.)
14. Using a belt sander, ease together edges of box.
15. For ease in handling, 3-inch wide wooden "handles" can be added. See Diagram B.