Submission Rules and Requirements: Digital Performance Art
Use the checklist below to ensure that your submission is complete and meets all applicable program requirements.
This checklist applies to:
- Electronically mediated performance
- Interactive performance
- Digital art happenings, events, or small-venue performances
- Performances designed for venues at the University of California, San Diego
Requirements for All SubmissionsAll digital performance submissions must include:
- Completed online submission form
- High-resolution image of performance
- Digital video documentation
- Detailed floor plan with technical requirements
- 200-300 word artist statement
- 100-200 word technical statement
- Additional images of performance (optional)
- URL for additional information (optional)
- Read Review and Upon Acceptance
- Choreograph and rehearse your performance before it is presented
Submission Rules and RequirementsComplete the online SIGGRAPH 2007 Art Gallery Submission Form. There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. At the end of the online process, your entry will be assigned a submission ID number. Take note of this number for the rest of the submission requirements. A separate submission form must be completed for each submitted work. You can change your submission form (using the same login and submission ID) as many times as you like before the official submission deadline: 26 January 2007.
RequirementsAll works that will be displayed on a computer monitor must be submitted online only and must include:
- Title, performance group, dimensions, duration, and date of the first performance.
- One digital image of the highest quality possible, pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200, at least 300 dpi at 4 inches tall x 5 inches wide (or the highest possible screen-grab), TIFF files, no compression, MAC or PC platforms. Images must be submitted in digital format.
- If necessary, please include additional images of the performance.
- One or more videos in a cross-platform viewable format (Quicktime, MPEG, 100 megabytes or less).
- URL (this does NOT replace the information required on the submission form).
- A detailed floor plan (PDF) including minimum floor space required, dimensions of all components, lighting, audio, power, and network requirements. Include a list of required hardware and software that you will provide.
- A detailed list of technical equipment you require and the time required to prepare your work. Indicate any specific audio/visual equipment you need (2K or 4K projector, how many channels of audio diffusion, etc.). Tell us what equipment you will be supplying and how your equipment will interface with the equipment that the Art Gallery will provide. Be as specific and thorough as possible. It is important that you estimate your equipment and setup time as realistically as possible. Very basic assistance will be provided, but you are responsible for your own setup and tear-down in a timely manner.
- Publishable artist's statement of no more than 300 words. Include a description of the concept and intent of your work.
- Publishable technical statement of 200 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece.
Important information on uploading files to the SIGGRAPH 2007 submission system.
Additional InformationThere is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit, but a separate submission form must be submitted for each submitted work.If your work is a series, enter the components of the series together as a single submission.
If you are submitting the following types of art, use the corresponding checklists: