Submission Rules and Requirements: Installations
Use the checklist below to ensure that your submission is complete and meets all applicable program requirements.
This checklist applies to:
- Art installations and environments
- Art sculptures and objects
- Interactive art (including installations, objects, sculptures, robotics, etc.)
Requirements for All SubmissionsAll installation submissions must include:
- Completed online submission form
- Detail image of installation
- Digital video documentation
- Detailed floor plan with technical requirements
- 200-300 word artist statement
- 100-200 word technical statement
- Audio excerpt (if the installation includes audio)
- URL for additional information (optional)
- Read Review and Upon Acceptance
- Complete your installation artwork
Submission Rules and RequirementsComplete the online SIGGRAPH 2007 Art Gallery Submission Form. There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. At the end of the online process, your entry will be assigned a submission ID number. Take note of this number for the rest of the submission requirements. A separate submission form must be completed for each submitted work. You can change your submission form (using the same login and submission ID) as many times as you like before the official submission deadline: 26 January 2007.
RequirementsAll installations and interactive art must be submitted online only and must include:
- Title, size, and date of completion of the final artwork.
- One digital image of the highest quality possible, pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200, at least 300 dpi at 4 inches tall x 5 inches wide (or the highest possible screen-grab), TIFF files, no compression, MAC or PC platforms. Images must be submitted in digital format.
- If necessary, please include a second image to show a detail of your work.
- One or more videos in a cross-platform viewable format (Quicktime, MPEG, 100 megabytes or less).
- One or more audio files (MP3, AIF, WAV, 30 megabytes or less) if the installation includes high-quality audio.
- Optional: URL (this does NOT replace the information required on the submission form).
- A detailed floor plan (PDF) including minimum floor space required, dimensions of all components, lighting, audio, power, and network requirements. Include a list of required hardware and software that you will provide.
- Publishable artist's statement of no more than 300 words. Include a description of the concept and intent of your work.
- Publishable technical statement of 200 words or less. This statement should explain how digital or electronic technology was involved in the piece.
Important information on uploading files to the SIGGRAPH 2007 submission system.
Additional InformationThere is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit, but a separate submission form must be submitted for each submitted work. If your work is a series, enter the components of the series together as a single submission.
You are responsible for set-up, tear-down, and monitoring of your piece during the conference.
If you are submitting the following types of art, use the corresponding checklists: