6. Advanced Topics on Clothing Simulation and Animation
Half-Day, Sunday, 31 July, 1:45 - 5:30 pm
An introduction to state-of-the-art techniques for simulating and animating clothing. The course begins by presenting cloth simulation procedures, then presents in-depth knowledge on physical modeling of cloth and collision-resolution techniques, including practical issues in implementation. It closes by showing a variety of fashions constructed by a major digital fashion company.
Rudimentary knowledge of computer graphics, computer animation, geometric modeling, linear algebra, calculus, and numerical computing.
Graduate students and/or people from industry who are interested in developing physically based simulation techniques.
Seoul National University
Digital Fashion Ltd
How Clothing Simulation Works?
||Physical Model of Cloth I
- Introduction to the Immediate Buckling Model (IBM)
- Implementation of the IBM (10 min)
- Mathematical Analysis of Force Jacobians
||Physical Model of Cloth II
- Stability Analysis of the IBM
- Damping Analysis of the IBM
- Extension to Triangular Meshes
||Impulse-Based Collision Resolution
- Repulsion based forces
- Robust geometric collisions
- Hybrid methods for robustness and efficiency
||Cloth Design and Applications
- 3D Cloth Design
- OGM: A Measurement Device for BRDF
- Cloth Simulation Results
||Current State-of-the-Art and Challenges Ahead
- Results of recent experiments
- Challenges ahead