The online submission system will be closed by Wednesday, 11 May 2005, 5 pm Pacific time.
All forms must be filled out and all materials must be successfully uploaded by that time.
Use this checklist to ensure that your submission is complete and that it meets all applicable program requirements:
1. Create an online SIGGRAPH 2005 Posters Submission Form
as soon as you decide that you will be submitting a poster. (You can change your mind later.)
When you create this form, your entry will be assigned a submission ID number, of the form "posters_0042,"
that will be used to identify your submission throughout the review process. Make a record of this number.
There will be some fields in this form that you cannot complete at this time. You will go back and fill these in
2. Prepare a print-ready version of your extended abstract. The document must be a one-page PDF file,
formatted according to the ACM
SIGGRAPH publication guidelines for posters.
Prepare the document with the submission ID alongside the printed title, for example: "Rendering Hair
(posters_0042)." In all other ways the document must be in final format. Submissions that are more than one page
long or that are improperly formatted will not be considered.
3. OPTIONAL: Non-native English speakers may use the English Review
Service to help with the text of submissions. Please note that this takes time, so your submission should be
sent to the English Review Service well before the final posters deadline.
4. Prepare uploadable versions of your optional supporting materials:
5. After your documents are complete, return to this web site and complete
the SIGGRAPH 2005 Posters Submission Form.
The title that you include on this form must exactly match that of the document. Make sure
that the keywords you enter in this form are appropriate for your submission.
- Images: you may upload one or more images, which may be in any of these types:
JPEG (filename *.jpg)
TIFF (filename *.tif)
PNG (filename *.png)
GIF (filename *.gif)
- Video: you may upload one or more videos, which should be in any of these types:
MPEG (filename *.mpg)
AVI (filename *.avi)
QuickTime (filename *.mov)
Be sure to use an encoding that can be viewed on a wide variety of platforms, such as MPEG-1,
MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Cinepak, or Sorensen. The total length of all videos should not exceed five minutes.
- Poster: you may upload one additional PDF (.pdf) or PowerPoint (.ppt) file, containing the slides that
will be mounted on the poster, or a mockup of the poster.
The total size of all uploaded material should not exceed 40 Mbytes.
If you are a student who meets the eligibility requirements for the ACM Student Research Competition,
you are invited to enter the competition by checking the checkbox provided on the submission form.
See ACM Student Research Competition
for eligibility requirements and competition details.
6. After you begin the submission process, you will be able to upload your PDF file containing the print-ready
version of your submission described in 2 above and the optional support files described in 4 above. With slow or
unreliable network connections, uploading is not always smooth and easy. Please don't wait until the last minute to
start uploading your files.
If you still have questions, please review the Posters Frequently