1. Where can I find out if I need a visa to attend SIGGRAPH 2005?
The U.S. Department of State Web site is the best place to look:
2. I need an invitation letter to apply for a visa. How can I request one?
You must register for SIGGRAPH 2005 before you can request or receive a letter of invitation.
If you register online, the system will allow you to print your invitation letter after you register.
If you register by postal or courier service, or fax, you can use your registration number to
request an invitation letter from the online system
after you receive your registration confirmation.
3. What support can the international attendee or contributor receive for translation service?
During the conference week,
Student Volunteers fluent in many languages are available
to translate for questions and problems that may arise
for attendees. The students are not available to attendees as interpreters
for any of the conference programs. TOP
4. How can I find out if other people from my country or region are attending SIGGRAPH 2005?
Prior to the conference, your local ACM SIGGRAPH Chapter
may be able to help you. See the Chapters
Directory. During the conference, the International
Center is a good meeting place. You might want to leave
a message on the Message Board. TOP
5. Is there an area in the International Center to hold interviews with the press?
Yes. To reserve the area for an interview, please contact
the International Center manager in advance. TOP
6. I have a laptop with a wireless network card. Will I be able to connect myself to the
internet at the Los Angeles Convention Center?
Wireless service will be available throughout the convention center during SIGGRAPH 2005. TOP
7. I'm flying internationally; how early should I leave for the Los Angeles airport when I depart?
Most airlines require that you check in two hours in advance
for international flights. You should contact your airline
for more specific information. TOP