No. If your work is accepted, you are responsible for crating, shipping,
and in-transit insurance. SIGGRAPH 2005 will insure the work while it is on display
at the Los Angeles Convention Center. TOP
2. Should I send video documentation of my piece?
Yes. Yes. Absolutely! Time-based documentation is the best way to illustrate the actual experience
for the conference attendees. We may also use the video in publicity for Emerging Technologies. TOP
3. May I submit my unfinished work as a "work in progress" if it is not complete by the submission deadline?
A work in progress may be submitted if it represents at least 95 percent of the final version. Please explain in
detail what additions will be made prior to the installation. TOP
4. I am an artist with an interactive art installation. Will my submission be considered?
Yes. Installation-based art works should be submitted to Emerging Technologies. This jury process will be coordinated with the Art Gallery.
The jury will give consideration to
all works. Sometimes it is difficult to measure what proportion of a work is art versus technology versus science.
We encourage you to submit artwork. Please emphasize in your sumbission that it is art-focused and make sure you
indicate this art focus on the submission form. TOP
5. Will I really have to do a formal presentation of my work at SIGGRAPH 2005?
Yes. The presentation is an excellent format for you to highlight the achievements
of your research in front of a larger audience and show some of the behind-the-scenes aspects of your work. TOP
6. I'm having trouble uploading the high-resolution digital image required for the online submission.
What should I do?
If, due to bandwidth restrictions, you cannot upload a high-resolution image or supplemental movies, please instead upload a
version. Be sure to still include a high-resolution version for jury review and publication stills on CD-ROM or
Zip disc as specified in the Submission Procedure Checklist TOP
7. My email address will be changing soon. How can I notify you of the update?
You will be able to edit and change your email address in the online submission system. TOP
8. I've completed the online submission forms, but the system still allows me to edit my account. Am I done?
Yes. But you are allowed to edit your online submission account until the deadline: 17 January 2005, 5 pm Pacific time. TOP