VERY IMPORTANT: Before you prepare a proposal to Emerging Technologies, review the
Requirements that you must meet if your
proposal is accepted.
Use this Checklist to ensure that your submission is complete and that it meets all applicable program requirements:
1. Complete the online SIGGRAPH 2005 Emerging Technologies Submission Form.
The online submission system includes instructions on how to complete the online form. When you begin the form, your
submission will be assigned a submission Indentification (ID) number that will be used to identify your submission
throughout the review process.
2. Emerging Technologies proposals must be submitted electronically via the SIGGRAPH 2005 online submission system.
No other method of submission will be accepted. Fax submissions are not accepted. Submission procedures are specified
in the online submission process. Only supporting materials such as VHS videotapes will be accepted via courier or
3. Proposals: All submitters must address and answer the following questions in their written proposals.
Read carefully Anatomy of a Good Emerging Technologies Proposal
before preparing your proposal. And please provide answers to all of these questions:
4. Supporting Materials: Visual time-based documentation such as QuickTime movies and videos are
strongly encouraged, as they give the
jury the best possible information about your work. You must identify your supporting materials with
your online submission identification (ID) number. Please use appropriate judgment when submitting supplementary materials.
For example, if your work is about sound, please make sure you submit audio examples. Remember, the jury
will probably not view more than three minutes of your supporting materials, so be concise.
- What is your vision for the work?
- How does the work move beyond digital tradition,
blur the boundaries between art and science, and transform social assumptions?
- Provide a 50-word summary of the project.
- What are the goals of the project?
- What are the core technical innovations of the work?
- How does this work expand on prior research (include references)?
- What are the implications for the future of this work?
- What is the experience going to be like for SIGGRAPH 2005 attendees?
- If your submission is not complete at time of submission, explain what percentage is complete and what needs to
be completed. Is your submission viable at time of submission?
We accept the following supplementary media types:
5. For Publication: Each proposal must include one digital image of the highest quality possible:
- NTSC VHS tapes.
- QuickTime, or MPEG movies on CD-ROM or Zip discs.
- QuickTime or MPEG movies uploaded as part of your online submission. We recommend movie size not to exceed 200 MB.
All supplemental materials must be received before the Emerging Technologies submission deadline
(17 January 2005, 5 pm Pacific time). Please send supplemental materials to:
- At least 300 dpi at 4 inches tall x 5 inches wide
- Pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200
- TIFF or EPS files
- No compression, MAC or PC platforms.
- Images MUST be submitted in digital format.
Donna J. Cox
SIGGRAPH 2005 Emerging Technologies Chair
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
605 East Springfield
Champaign, Illinois 61820 USA
6. OPTIONAL: Use the English Review Service
to help with the text of your submission.