Review and Upon Acceptance
All submissions to Emerging Technologies will be reviewed by a jury of industry, research, and academic professionals in the fields of display systems, computing, entertainment, design, systems engineering, interface devices, art, and related fields. In addition, Emerging Technologies reserves the right to curate some selected work.
Proposals will be reviewed based upon the following criteria:
All submitters will receive acceptance notification and feedback in early March. Papers that are solicited from accepted submitters will be reviewed in late March.
- Technological innovation.
- Contributor's vision of future innovation based on current work.
- Creative innovation with technology.
- An original concept that will encourage further investigation.
- Creation of a unique user experience
- Compliance with submission guidelines.
If your submission is accepted by SIGGRAPH 2004, an Acceptance
Agreement will be produced from the Permissions section of your online
submission form. You must print that agreement, sign it, and fax it or
send it via postal or courier service before SIGGRAPH 2004. If we do
not receive your completed, signed Acceptance Agreement, your work
cannot be presented at SIGGRAPH 2004.
The acceptance agreement is a legal document. It explains the uses SIGGRAPH makes of presented material and requires you to acknowledge that you have permission to use this material. This may involve seeking clearance from your employer or from others who have loaned you material, such as videotapes and slides. The agreement helps prevent situations whereby SIGGRAPH 2004 presentations include material without permission that might lead to complaints or even legal action. In addition, this agreement asks if ACM SIGGRAPH may use your materials for conference and organization promotional material in exchange for full author/artist credit information (which you may decline).
In addition, Emerging Technologies organizers must obtain signed SIGGRAPH 2004 Acceptance Agreements from ALL presenters (signature of parent or legal guardian is also required if contributor is under age 18). Presenters who have not submitted signed forms will not be allowed to present.
All presenters whose projects are accepted for Emerging Technologies must also agree to:
- Submit an abstract in a PDF file properly formatted for publication in the SIGGRAPH 2004 Conference Select CD-ROM and Full Conference DVD. For complete details on font, layout, and image requirements, and instructions for creating your PDF file, please see the publication guidelines for excellent examples.
- Submit all required forms for registration, shipping, insurance, etc. by the due dates.
- Give a formal presentation at SIGGRAPH 2004 detailing their installations.
- Coordinate shipment of all necessary equipment and supporting materials to the conference. SIGGRAPH 2004 will not provide special assistance for transportation and assumes no responsibility for damaged or lost equipment while in transit. Presenters are responsible for insurance and shipping to and from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Have all submissions installed and operational by close of business Saturday, 7 August 2004.
- Provide adequate operational and technical support personnel to maintain full operation of their projects for the five full days of the conference.
- Accept responsibility for travel and lodging of all persons participating in their projects.
- Dismantle and remove equipment on 12 August 2004 between 5 pm and midnight.