Submission Procedure Checklist
Emerging Technologies is a hands-on opportunity for SIGGRAPH 2004 attendees to experience the latest advances in computer graphics and interactive techniques. Presenters are required to support their installations throughout the conference week. Submissions must be viable at time of submission. They must be complete and displayed at SIGGRAPH 2004. Visual documentation and/or videos are strongly encouraged, as they give the jury the best possible information about your work. Please use appropriate judgment when submitting supplementary materials. For example, if your work is about sound, please make sure you submit audio examples.
Use this checklist to ensure that your submission is complete and that it meets all applicable program requirements:
1. Complete the online SIGGRAPH 2004 Emerging Technologies Submission Form.
There you will find instructions on how to complete the online form. When
you begin the form, your submission will be assigned a submission ID number
that will be used to identify your submission throughout the review
2. Emerging Technologies proposals must be submitted electronically via
the SIGGRAPH 2004 online submission system. No other method of submission
will be accepted. Fax submissions are not accepted. Submission procedures
are specified in the online submission process.
Only supporting materials will be accepted via courier or postal service.
3. Proposals: All submitters must address and answer the following questions in their written
4. For Publication: Each proposal must include one digital image of the highest quality possible:
- How does this work enhance life?
- What are the goals of the project?
- What are the core technical innovations of the work?
- How does this work expand on prior research (include references)?
- What are the implications for the future of this work?
- What is the experience going to be like for SIGGRAPH 2004 attendees?
5. Supporting Materials: We encourage and accept the following supplementary media types:
- At least 300 dpi at 4 inches tall x 5 inches wide
- Pixel resolution of at least 1500 x 1200
- TIFF or EPS files
- No compression, MAC or PC platforms.
- Images MUST be submitted in digital format.
All supplemental materials must be received before the Emerging Technologies submission deadline (4 February 2004, 5 pm Pacific time). Please send supplemental materials to:
- Region-1 DVDs
- NTSC VHS tapes
- AVI, QuickTime, or MPEG movies
- WAV, AIFF or MP3 audio files
SIGGRAPH 2004 Emerging Technologies Chair
1000 Fine Arts Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403 USA
6. OPTIONAL: Use the English Review Service to help with the text of your submission.