[Review and Upon Acceptance]
All submissions to Emerging Technologies will be reviewed by a jury of industry, research, and academic professionals in the fields of display systems, computing, entertainment, design, systems engineering, interface devices, and related fields. In addition, Emerging Technologies reserves the right to curate some selected work.
Proposals will be reviewed based upon the following criteria:
All submitters will receive proposal status and feedback in early February.
Papers that are solicited from accepted submitters will be reviewed in March.
- Technological innovation.
- Contributor's vision of future innovation based on current work.
- Creative innovation with technology.
- A unique concept that will encourage further investigation.
- Compliance with submission guidelines.
If your submission is accepted, you will be asked to complete and sign a SIGGRAPH 2003 Acceptance Agreement. The agreement must be completed, signed, and faxed or sent via postal or courier service before SIGGRAPH 2003. If we do not receive your completed, signed acceptance agreement, your work cannot be presented at SIGGRAPH 20003.
The acceptance agreement is a legal
document. It explains the uses SIGGRAPH makes of presented
material and requires you to acknowledge that you
have permission to use this material. This may involve
seeking clearance from your employer or from others
who have loaned you material, such as videotapes and
slides. The agreement helps prevent situations whereby
SIGGRAPH 2003 presentations include material without
permission that might lead to complaints or even legal
action. In addition, this agreement asks if ACM SIGGRAPH
may use your materials for conference and organization
promotional material in exchange for full author/artist
All presenters whose projects are accepted for Emerging Technologies must also agree to:
- Submit an abstract in a PDF file properly formatted for publication in the SIGGRAPH 2003 Conference Select CD-ROM and Full Conference DVD. For complete details on font, layout, and image requirements, and instructions for creating your PDF file, please see the publication guidelines for excellent examples.
- Submit all required forms for registration, shipping, insurance, etc. by the due dates.
- Coordinate shipment of all necessary equipment and supporting materials to the conference. SIGGRAPH 2003 will not provide special assistance for transportation and assumes no responsibility for damaged or lost equipment while in transit. Presenters are responsible for insurance and shipping to and from the San Diego Convention Center.
- Have all submissions installed and operational by close of business Saturday, 26 July 2003.
- Provide adequate technical and operational support to showcase their installations during the entire conference.
- Dismantle and remove equipment and all installation materials by Friday, 1 August 2003.