In the Make Art area, digital fine art becomes a reality.
The area supports a variety of different input, digital art
creation, and output possibilities. Participants are encouraged
to create original and creative images in this digital print
shop. Various scanners, image-editing software, and desktop
printers are available. The Make Art area offers a variety
of traditional media to combine with your digital print.
Make Art Printing Procedures:
1. Sign up for a Make Art printing session (sign-ups are offered
one day in advance and on a first-come, first-served basis).
2. Pick up a work slip when you check in. If you have data
or an image you would like to work with, bring it in on a
CD. Downloading from the Internet is not available in the
Make Art area. If you have input from the Make Art area, volunteers
can help you transfer files to your station.
3. Work with the file, then set up to print in Photoshop.
File resolutions should be 240-360 pixels per inch.
4. Save the file as a TIFF, with no extra layers or channels,
using the unique number on your work slip, as #.(file type
extension) and submit a work slip for approval by Studio staff
prior to output.
5. Ask a Studio staff technician to validate the file and
submit the digital file to the 2D print queue.
6. Leave the submission part of the work slip with the technician
and keep the receipt part.
7. Later (probably the next day), pick up your output at the
information area near The Studio entrance (you will need to
present your receipt).
Note that The Studio is not a production house, but we will
make our best effort to realize your work.