Project: project title here
Lead: your name here
Date: today's date
Place a brief overall statement about the project, its purpose, its
accomplishments, and its future to guide the audience into the report.
(2-3 paragraphs max)
Key images (1-2) would fit here nicely, too.
This section is a more detailed statement about the reasons for undertaking
the project. It should include things like:
- project goals
- success objectives (any results that help define the success of the
project at completion)
- critical insights or other context (example - this project was completed
in conjunction with another organization because of ....)
This section helps answer the "why" of the project.
This section should also describe how the project supports elements
of the ACM SIGGRAPH's Strategic Plan for the organization and community.
Excerpts from the original proposal are fine here.
This is where the overview and details of how the project was planned
and implemented. Important things to consider including are:
- key people and their roles
- project resources (what did you use, borrow, or solicit to get work
- timelines (any key dates, deadlines, or generally notions of how long
- logistical issues (what major problems did your project have to solve?)
- pointers or references (for example books, articles, URLs from the
- any other details that might be useful to other projects working along
the same line (or people who might have to support your work later)
Images, artwork, or other elements of your planning can go here, too.
Please include your initial budget estimate (from your proposal)
in this section.
This section covers the key outcomes of your work including:
- major successes
- comments or evaluation of your work against the success goals that
you gave in the Purpose section (are you satisfied with how it turned
out and why)
- future plans or recommendations to carry on the work
- feedback, rave reviews, etc.
- significant surprises or unanticipated issues
- other insights
Images from any work (such as installations or other pointers) can go
Please include your actual budget expenditures (how you actually
spent your resources, both the Project Grant's contribution and any other
An optional brief statement from the project lead - would you do this
again and why?
Please include any additional information here such as:
- internal documentation
- promotional materials
- important correspondence
- personnel lists with contact information
Key individuals, organizations, donors, etc. who helped support the
project should go here.
This is a brief paragraph summary that encapsulates the project description
and results for use in promotion of the project (such as on our website).
Should not be more than two short paragraphs.
This template is only a guideline. Please feel free to add sections
as appropriate to your work.
The length of this report will vary with project. Essential elements
include your summary, the project budget, successes as they contribute
to the ACM SIGGRAPH organization, and critical advice or recommendations
for future reviewers of your work.
This template last updated: 19 February 2002 by John Fujii