VolunteeringUp one level
Hundreds of volunteers participate yearly to plan and implement the two annual SIGGRAPH conferences. The conferences are sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH, a not-for-profit organization. These pages provide general information about conference committee structure, position descriptions, and volunteer requirements. We are always looking for capable, enthusiastic, and committed people who wish to contribute their vision, industry knowledge, and energy to the most exciting annual event in the computer graphics industry!
- Open Volunteer Positions
- ACM SIGGRAPH needs you! We're a volunteer organization serving the computer graphics community and supporting the excellence, passion, integrity, and cross-disciplinary interaction that has made SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia such dynamic places. Many of our programs are defined by the volunteers that make them happen. We will use this page to list current volunteer positions that we're especially interested in filling. If you're interested in some area, but the exact thing you want to work on isn't below, please contact us anyway and ask about your idea! We can always use more ideas for programs.
- Consider offering your talents, your creativity, and your skills to help push the boundaries of the computer graphics field, showcase new technologies, and awake new opportunities. Be at the center of activity and help lead the way into the next generation of computer graphics by volunteering for a conference committee or subcommittee.
- APPLICATIONS DUE by 1, July for the SIGGRAPH in two years. The SV chair manages a large team of students who support the operational needs of the conference. In the process, these future computer graphics and interactive technique gurus gain valuable professional and personal experiences, are exposed to technology and creative endeavors, and often meet and work with pioneers in the field. The chair works with the committee to implement the selection process, determine volunteer requirements for the various programs, and coordinates the student volunteer activities on-site.
- Position Descriptions - SIGGRAPH
- The following brief descriptions offer an overview of the roles and responsibilities of SIGGRAPH Committee Chairs. Additional detailed descriptions and qualifications are available for each position.
- Committee Structure
- The Conference Committees are composed of volunteers and contractors with specific roles to perform in the planning and implementation of the annual conference. The different roles in the organizational structure are as follows:
- General Requirements
- Time and Travel, Funding, Reporting, Hardware/Software and Accountability.