Traveling Art ShowUp one level
The ACM SIGGRAPH Traveling Art Show program was discontinued in 2005. These Art Gallery links are for archival purposes to show the pieces that traveled. The ACM SIGGRAPH Traveling Art Show helps expose people around the world to the art collected at the SIGGRAPH annual conference's art shows. Each year's show is a subset of the art gallery exhibited at the conference. The TAS travels for two years after the completion of the conference, stopping at universities, festivals, and museums among other locations.
- SIGGRAPH 05 Art Gallery: Threading Time
- "I imagined a labyrinth of labyrinths, a sinuous spreading path that would contain both past and future and somehow imply the stars." --JORGE LUIS BORGES, "The Garden of Forking Paths"
- SIGGRAPH 03 Art Gallery: CG03
- Art is central to everyday life. Marshall Mcluhan described electronic environments as "mythic in the sense of conveying information on a richer level resonating fundamental truths." Technology as the handmaiden of art provides the artist with new tools and media to explore the revelation and nature of the artists vision.
- SIGGRAPH 99 Art Gallery: technOasis
- SIGGRAPH 01 Art Gallery: N-Space
- Yet I exist in the hope that these memoirs ... may find their way to the minds of humanity in Some Dimension, and may stir up a race of rebels who shall refuse to be confined to limited Dimensionality." -- From "Flatland," Edwin Abbott, 1884
- SIGGRAPH 97 Ongoings: The Fine Art Gallery
- The Fine Arts Gallery presented an in-depth look at computer-based artists and their work.
- 2005 ACM SIGGRAPH Traveling Art Show
- 2001 ACM SIGGRAPH Traveling Art Show