VAST 2005 Papers Deadline
The deadline for papers submission is July 15 for VAST2005 which is the 6th International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology and Cultural Heritage and incorporates the Third Eurographics Symposium on Graphics and Cultural Heritage (EGSGH 2005). VAST 2005 is in-cooperation with ACM SIGGRAPH.
Additional symposium information can be found at:
The symposium will take place in Pisa, Italy, during
November 8-11, 2005.
Important Dates are:
- Abstract submission - July 8th
- Paper submission (full/short) - July 15th
- Review assignments sent to reviewers - July 22th
- Reviews deadline - Sept. 1st
- Notification of refereeing results - Sept.
- Camera ready papers to printer - Oct. 3rd
- Conference - Nov. 8th
Vast2005 continues the discussions of previous VAST
and Eurographics on Graphics and Cultural Heritage
(CH) Symposia. The 2005 VAST Symposium will
focus on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary
research concerning both innovative CH informatics and
use of technology for the representation and
communication of CH knowledge. The scope includes
every phase of CH informatics: initial data capture,
information processing, dissemination of results to
the scientific community and the general public, and
the wider legal and ethical responsibilities of
Research subjects parallel the interests of the EPOCH
EU Network (http://www.epoch-net.org/), including
culturally significant artifacts and sites as well as
the activities of museums, libraries, archives, and
organizations involved with their care.
Those researchers who wish to participate in the
VAST2005 Symposium are invited to submit papers on
original work addressing the following subjects or related themes:
* Multimedia Data Acquisition, Management and
* 3D Data Capture and Processing
* CAD-based Digital Reconstructions
* Visualization (desktop, VR, AR)
* Computer Animation for CH Applications
* Non-Photorealistic Rendering of CH Data
* Novel Internet-based CH Applications
* Usability, Effectiveness and Interface Design for
* Innovative Graphics Applications and Techniques
* Interactive Environments and Applications
* Virtual Museum Applications
* Story-telling and Design of Heritage Communications
* Archaeological Analysis and Interpretive Design
* Tools for Education and Training in CH
* Standards and Documentation
* The Economics of Cultural Informatics and Tourism
* Professional and Ethical Guidelines
We are soliciting three types of contributions:
- Full research papers presenting new innovative
results. These papers will be published by
Eurographics in a high-quality proceedings volume.
- Project papers focusing on the description of
project organization, use of technology, and lessons
learned -- not innovative technical content. These papers will have a full-length oral presentation
and will be included in a "Projects & Short Papers"
- Short papers presenting preliminary ideas and
works-in-progress. These papers will have a short oral
presentation and be available as posters in conference
breaks. They will be published in the "Projects &
Short Papers" proceedings volume.
All types of submissions will be reviewed and feedback
given to the authors.
In addition, space will be available for "Live
Showcases". If you have a syste you wish included in
the showcase area, please contact the organizers.
International Program Committee Co-chairs are:
Mark Mudge, Cultural Heritage Imaging, San Francisco,
Nick Ryan, Computer Science Dept., Univ. of Kent,
Roberto Scopigno, CNR-ISTI, Pisa, Italy
The IPC Member list is available on the VAST2005
The Conference Organizing Chair is Fabio Ganovelli,
The Venue is ISTI (Institute for Information Science
and Technology), an Institute of the Italian C.N.R.
(National Research Council) located at v. Moruzzi 1,
56126 Pisa, Italy.
Submissions of full, short and project papers should
be made via the VAST2005 website,
EG proceedings style guides are available on the site.
To avoid difficulties during the production cycle,
authors are strongly recommended to use them when
preparing their submissions.
Looking forward to seeing you in Pisa!