ACM SIGGRAPH call for potential EC candidates --deadline July 30, 2005
ACM SIGGRAPH, the world's premiere professional association for computer graphics and interactive techniques, is a volunteer run organization. The ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee (EC) sets the policy issues for the organization, and acts as its overall governing body. There are three different volunteer positions currently up for the 2006 election by our membership to the ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee. The ACM SIGGRAPH Nominating Committee is seeking exceptional individuals interested in participating in these leadership opportunities: Treasurer, Director for Education, and Director at Large.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, or you would like to recommend a great candidate, please send an email to ec-nominations -at- siggraph.org detailing full contact information and addressing the following questions:
1) What position (Treasurer, Director for Education, or Director at Large) would you like to be considered for (or are you recommending someone for)?
2) What professional, personal, and volunteer skills or experience do you or your nominee bring that make you feel that you/they are a good candidate for this position?
3) Are you/they currently an ACM SIGGRAPH member? If so, how long have you/they been a member? What do you, or your candidate, feel are some of the most valuable assets of ACM SIGGRAPH Membership?
4) What do you feel would be the greatest opportunities to add value that you/they would likely address in your/their new position should you/they be elected?
5) Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques is a rapidly evolving field. ACM SIGGRAPH must constantly re-evaluate how it functions as an organization in order to address these changes. What long term opportunities do you or your candidate see for the organization and how would you/they address those opportunities?
6) Please share the volunteer positions that you/they have held within ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH, its annual conference, or any other related activities. Please cite the volunteers that you/they reported to for the volunteer positions held over the past five years, as a reference. If you can provide current contact information for these references, that would be greatly appreciated.
More information about the duties of each position can be found in Article 5 of our bylaws at the following URL:
You are also encouraged to contact any EC member, especially the
nominating committee chair, and any in a position you are interested
in, for further details on any role. The EC member contact list can
be found online at:
Each year the Nominating Committee, led by the Past President of ACM SIGGRAPH, looks for nominees to consider for the following year's Executive Committee positions. The Nominating Committee for 2005-2006 is chaired by the Past President, Alain Chesnais, and is composed of Eugene Fiume, Scott Lang and Bonnie Mitchell.
This year we are changing the process by explicitly soliciting input from our membership to enhance participation in the nominations process. We encourage you to take part in this process so that you continue to have a voice in choosing those that lead the ACM SIGGRAPH organization. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other ACM SIGGRAPH members.
Please respond to ec-nominations -at- siggraph.org by July 30, if possible, as this would allow us to interview potential candidates at our annual conference.Alain Chesnais, ACM SIGGRAPH past president