Call for nominees
We are looking for exceptional volunteers to run for positions on the ACM SIGGRAPH executive committee.
- Director for Communications
- Director for Chapters
- Director at Large
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, or you would like to recommend a great candidate, please send an email to the nominating committee using this form detailing full contact information and addressing the following questions:
1) What position (Director for Communications, Director for Chapters, or Director at Large) would you like to be considered for (or are you recommending someone for)?
2) What professional, personal, and volunteer skills or experience do you or your nominee bring that make you feel that you/they are a good candidate for this position?
3) Are you/they currently an ACM SIGGRAPH member? If so, how long have you/they been a member? What do you, or your candidate, feel are some of the most valuable assets of ACM SIGGRAPH Membership?
4) What do you feel would be the greatest opportunities to add value that you/they would likely address in your/their new position should you/they be elected?
5) Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques is a rapidly evolving field. ACM SIGGRAPH must constantly re-evaluate how it functions as an organization in order to address these changes. What long term opportunities do you or your candidate see for the organization and how would you/they address those opportunities?
6) Please share the volunteer positions that you/they have held within ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH, its annual conference, or any other related activities. Please cite the volunteers that you/they reported to for the volunteer positions held over the past five years, as a reference. If you can provide current contact information for these references, that would be greatly appreciated.
More information about the duties of each position can be found in Article 5 of our bylaws at the following URL:
You are also encouraged to contact any EC member, especially the nominating committee chair, and any in a position you are interested in, for further details on any role. The EC member contact list can be found online at:
Each year the Nominating Committee, led by the Past President of ACM SIGGRAPH, looks for nominees to consider for the following year's Executive Committee positions. The Nominating Committee for 2006-2007 is chaired by the Past President, Alain Chesnais, and is composed of Tony Apodaca, Dena Debry and Nan Schaller.
This year we are continuing the process that was initiated last year and explicitly soliciting input from our membership to enhance participation in the nominations process. We encourage you to take part in this process so that you continue to have a voice in choosing those that lead the ACM SIGGRAPH organization. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other ACM SIGGRAPH members.
All proposals must be sent via this form by July 15th to allow us to schedule interviews with potential nominees at our annual conference.
--Alain Chesnais, ACM SIGGRAPH past president