[Move to MCI datacenter]
- list remaining action items
When is the move?
Boxen moved June 15th
Thierry - SIGGRAPH boxes moved by end of May
Wrapped up by September
Davinci - turn it off by Friday next week
Prime - move everything into Rock
Ken will grep to find anyone connecting to IP address instead of localhost
Thierry will send list of databases to sysmgrs
some people, some chapters still using
Later - move things out of user directories
Only 150 links
Viv will migrate links manually - ask Justin to do a section or two
Adam will get zone file to Thierry
make a list of user accounts to migrate
Move outgoing mail host
Ken to grep through web apps to make sure web apps are configured for move
- how do we implement a single point authentication mechanism?
- how do we manage existing roles, future roles in Plone and other applications?
Thierry - rights management for various services
Rights management service at ACM, linked to their authentication database
would return correct rights for each application
e.g. user is:
an ACM SIGGRAPH member
a member of the chapters committee
an author on a wiki
Ken: we should store roles on our end
we have a cgi script for SIGGRAPH member access
we do our own roles management
set up our own LDAP server?
Adam to give us read access to ACM database
Adam - will give us a separate box to run an LDAP server
Ken will admin the box, Justin will set up the LDAP server, we may need extra help
Adam will give read access to member status DB for members who lose passwords etc
- access to Plone: folder or sub-site?
For now, we will give an instance to anyone who wants it
With 2.5, we will migrate them to subsite
Justin will modify Plone events to support the following requirements
chapter event schema
Chapter Web SIte Template
- for incoming sysmgrs members
diagram of how servers work
explicit list of installed software with ports
10 page overview for information director
- for content managers
how to edit your member page
case by case
- sysmgrs meetings
- Plone 101 sessions
run an onsite squid cache
analyse top 10 pages
- communicating with conference volunteers
- conference online services
- what are other SIGs offering in terms of online services?
- can we pool our efforts directly or though ACM?
- how do we make private document private?
- pros & cons of inheriting/not inheriting private flag from parent
- pros & cons of opening to members
David Hook conference call
- FY07 budget review