SIGGRAPH is seeking applications for the SIGGRAPH 2016 Conference Chair position. This person leads and inspires a highly energized, multi-talented, and deeply committed team of volunteers and professional service contractors to create, plan, and produce every aspect of the conference and exhibition.
The Conference Chair will work closely with the SIGGRAPH Chief Staff Executive, the Conference Advisory Group, the professional service contractors, and the volunteer program chairs over approximately a four-year period. In addition to overseeing the conference, the Conference Chair serves in an advisory capacity to the SIGGRAPH organization.
Required Qualifications include:
- Strong familiarity with the SIGGRAPH conference (ideally a previous committee member).
- Connected to an established network of individuals within the computer graphics / interactive community.
- Strong, demonstrated, effective management expertise (able to articulate their own management style); able to manage a diverse group of people with varying needs, goals, and assumptions about their SIGGRAPH involvement.
- Able and willing to devote the necessary amount of time to do the job; have solid support from both their employer and family.
- Able to make a three-year commitment to managing the conference.
A complete and detailed job description and information on how to apply is available here.
Application deadline: September 3, 2013