A request for In-Cooperation, Sponsored, or Co-Sponsored status is administered by ACM and must be approved by the ACM SIGGRAPH Small Conferences Committee (SCC). The basic requirements for In-Cooperation or Sponsored status are as follows:
1. Conferences must be not-for profit academic conferences. Usually, submitted papers are refereed, and the program chair and committee make publication decisions.
2. Publications must be related to computer graphics or human-computer interaction, or an area that is interesting to a reasonable number of ACM SIGGRAPH members.
3. Proceedings should be made available via the ACM Digital Library or, in the case of events in conjunction with a sister society such as Eurographics, referenced from the ACM Digital Library.
4. After the event, organizers of sponsored or co-sponsored events must provide a financial summary to ACM and ACM SIGGRAPH.
5. ACM SIGGRAPH and ACM members receive a discounted registration fee.
The complete list of requirements can be found in the ACM Conference Manual.
After an event has obtained approval from ACM SIGGRAPH, the conference may promote that it is in-cooperation with or sponsored or co-sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH in all its publicity. And:
- The ACM SIGGRAPH logo may be used in the conference web site and promotional materials.
- ACM SIGGRAPH will promote the event in its Calendar of Events.
- ACM SIGGRAPH will promote the conference to all ACM SIGGRAPH members in Interactions, the monthly e-newsletter to members.
For additional information on Small Conferences, contact the Small Conferences Committee Chair.