- For Attendees
- Co-Located Events
- Computer Animation Festival
- Exhibitor Tech Talks & Sessions
- General Information
- Featured Speakers
- Special Sessions
- Technical Papers
- Technical Sketches & Posters
- Travel & Housing
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2010 e-Newsletter
- For Presenters
- For Volunteers
- For Exhibitors & Sponsors
- For the Media
Introduction to Augmented Reality and Its Applications
Tuesday, 14 December | 7:00 午後 - 8:45 午後 | Room 308B/C
This course introduces and defines augmented reality and user interfaces that can apply AR to enhance users' perceptions of reality.
Attendees who want to learn about about augmented reality and the current commercial apps for AR.
Presented in Korean, translated simultaneously to English / 한국어로 발표 됨 (영어 동시 통역)
Basic understanding of computer technology and mathematics.
- What is augmented reality?
- Marker-based tracking
- How ARToolkit works (ARToolkit Inside)
- Natural feature-based tracking
Current State of the Art
- Real-virtual interactions
- AR for user guidance
Current Mobile AR Apps
- Sekai Camera
- Nearest Tube
- What are the challenges with mobile AR today?
Korea Institute of Science & Technology
Ig-Jae Kim is a senior research scientist at the Imaging Media Research Center of the Korea Institute of Science & Technology. He holds a PhD in computer science from Seoul National University and worked at the MIT Media Laboratory. He is also an assistant professor at the University of Science and Technology. His research deals with various aspects of augmented reality.